Horseware Ireland Full Leg Fleece Chaps - Sizing

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Morning! I have already started my Christmas shopping (please forgive me but I have the money for it now and don't usually, so want to get it done!) and was thinking of buying someone some of the full-length Horseware fleece-lined chaps but am not sure about the sizing.

They go from XS to XXL but are Unisex. She is petite, maybe 5'2" and max a size 8 and fairly dinky all over (size 4 shoes). I was originally thinking S to allow plenty of room but maybe XS is better since they are unisex?

Any thoughts from someone with a pair would be much appreciated. Thanks!

scats

Visit site
Mine are a medium. They are a little big on me to be honest, so I think I could have done with a small. However, I do like them a bit bigger rather than too tight.
I would say your friend would probably easily fit into an XS, but perhaps a S would give her a little bit more room if she prefers?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
How cold does she get and what's she likely to want to wear under them?

DD1 is a stick insect and feels the cold terribly, therefore she'll have three or four layers under her chaps. I think it sends her up a size, at least that's what I've always gone with as there's then an air layer.

Kat

Visit site
I have a pair, I will check the sizing and let you know. However the crucial part for size is thigh thickness, if the chaps are a bit snug either they will sit too low or be dragged down as she moves or the two way zip will open. This will be especially annoying if she is short as the chaps will bunch up around her ankles.