Horseware - stitching

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I would like to say ggggrrrrrrrrraaaaaahhhhhhhh!

What has happened to Horseware rugs? The stitching appears to be a lower quality thread. Has anyone else had this issue?

New LW Rhino only used for the rain in the last few days - all the velcro at the front is coming unstitched.
New 100g Amigo used a couple of times at the end of the winter and then for the recent rain - surcingle coming off.

Both horses are kind to their rugs, they don't fight, they've hardly even rolled in them looking at the lack of mud.

Squeak

Visit site
I was just wondering whether I needed to bite the bullet and splash out on a rhino after my LW leaked this week. Think I might try one of the others now!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
To be fair to it, I bought it - the rhino - to replace a LW 1200d weatherbeeta that leaked in heavy rain from new. The rhino has been waterproof over the last few days and we did have a downpour at one point. I'll fix it and the amigo myself and cross my fingers I think.

I don't know which brand to try instead (plus it's too expensive to keep buying new rugs) as TBH my old rugs from years ago are better/tougher than the new versions. Is this the same across all brands? I haven't bought a Bucas for a while.... are they any good now?

EmmaC78

Visit site
I don't rate the Rhino's any more. I used to like them but the last couple i have had either a surcingle or front buckle has come off after very little use. I think it is worth paying the extra for the Rambo as they do seem to be more hardwearing.

asmp

Visit site
That’s disappointing to hear as I’m on the look out for a new no fill rug and the comments on here seemed to indicate the Rhino is the best around (although a lot of money IMO)

Squeak

Visit site
That’s disappointing to hear as I’m on the look out for a new no fill rug and the comments on here seemed to indicate the Rhino is the best around (although a lot of money IMO)

This was my thinking to getting a Rhino too. The Rambo's do seem hideously expensive. I've tried shires and they're amazing for about two years and then they leak and it gets expensive having to replace them so often.

I had a wonderful Premier Equine that lasted over 10 years so I was tempted by the titan (1680d ballistic nylon) but have heard mixed reviews of PE on here recently.

TheBigPony

Visit site
I bought a rhino no fill in the autumn. First heavy downpour it leaked so contacted retailer who got a replacement from horseware. Replacement hasn't leaked at all, stood up to the heavy winter rain.

HBB

Visit site
I have always bought Amigo rugs and I have recently noticed the horrendous quality of the stitching. Both Bravo rugs have only been used for 3 months and the stitching on the fittings at the front of the rugs is coming loose. It is very disappointing as both ponies are very kind to their rugs too.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I only use Rhino and Rambo rugs these days because they fit my latest horse really well. No complaints from me, they're light, waterproof and tough.