Horsey colours... cool or common?

Bearing in mind I've been competing for about 3 months, which class should I enter?

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
OK, following discussion with unhorsey father, he thinks THIS colour (NOT commenting on neddy, just the colour) is common

Bagual.jpg

He also thinks the Ginger Beastie's big white face is also common
shocked.gif

Buenmozo800.jpg

teapot

Visit site
Neither are my personal favs as dont particularly like too much white anywhere on a horse but they're definately NOT common

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Love the colour of the first horse, but then we seem to collect funny looking horses, two appaloosas, one coloured cob and a blur giant!

clipertyplop

Visit site
whoever said that the colour of 1st horse and face of 2nd horse was common ..........(HAS NO TASTE)
mad.gif
and wouldnt know a stunning horse if it jumped on there foot
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
whoever said that the colour of 1st horse and face of 2nd horse was common ..........(HAS NO TASTE)
mad.gif
and wouldnt know a stunning horse if it jumped on there foot
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right there!!
smile.gif
I did say he was unhorsey (which is actually putting it mildly!)

clipertyplop

Visit site
(quote)"Actually, I've never seen any of the horses at the yard with sunburn!"

i wonder if this is because you get a different sort of heat ( i know that sounds mad) but its like when we go on holiday to spain or somewhere like that its much more pleasent to sunbath than is it is in united kingdom....... my mare has a pink nose and the slightest bit of sun she burns ....i have to put sunblock 50 on her nose .......arhhhhhhhh sun such a distant memory
cool.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Maybe we've just got more ozone layer! Actually, whilst it does get very, very hot here, it's so dry that the heat is much more bearable than, say, Buenos Aires, which is very humid.
Interestingly, Weezy says the horses in Spain never got sunburn either.

Enfys

Visit site
Oh oh...............my girly is doomed then!
shocked.gif
Preston370harley-23.jpg

I love coloureds, and especially white faces. Robin the Dobbin here even has pink eyelids, I'm going to have to get super plus factor cream for her I think if she burns. Your first horse reminds me of a clydesdale in his markings, has` Antifaz got white eyelashes?!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
He does look a bit Clydesdaley doesn't he? Apparently though (he's not a good example of the breed if it's true) Bagual (1st horse) is a Criollo. Only about 14-14.3hh
Antifaz has white eyelashes on the left (whiter) side. I think he's purrdy!! He certainly gets lots of strokes and pats from visitors because he's so showy. PF gets mostly passed by, but actually I prefer it that way (pet peeve is strangers feeding my horses treats!)

RachelB

Visit site
I think they're both cool, especially the big white face! I used to know a girl who owned a gorgeous, almost pink roan tobiano, and she called him the Pink Turbo Cob! He was lovely (until he attempted to buck me off)! But my old pony had a big white face (not as big as that one though) and I thought it was gorgeous!

kirstyfk

Visit site
The colour of the first one is not common - its a Clydedale colour, so maybe cart horse equals common?

Have to say that white faces are common! WE had a stunning TB who had a white face. White faces make it look like the horse is behind the vertical which is not great for dressage!

Chex

Visit site
I would prefer to have a horse that was an unusual colour, or unusual markings. I find solid colours a bit boring! So they're both definately cool!

miamibear

Visit site
Like the first colour but i must admit not one of my favourites.

Second one is yummy but i would say that given Reds face markings

100_0308.jpg

I didnt like it when he first came, now i wouldnt change him for the world! He gets sunburnt in summer quite badly!

xx

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
The colour of the first one is not common - its a Clydedale colour, so maybe cart horse equals common?

[/ QUOTE ]
We don't have Clydesdale's here, but it is very common colour among criollos, so perhaps that's why it's looked down on.