Horsey contacts in Kirkmichael/Pitlochry area

ridefast

Visit site
Hi, looking to make horsey contacts in the Kirkmichael Pitlochry area, will be moving there at the end of the year and will need somewhere to keep my 2 ponies, somewhere to live and work - have temporary living arranged but want something permanent asap. Ideally would like stud work or just do some yard work in exchange for ponies keep. Have experience in hunt work, showing (although been a while) stud work and natural horsemanship. Would also be nice to just make some horsey friends! so feel free to pm :)

AengusOg

Visit site
There's not much happening in Kirkmichael on the horsey front, or any other front, come to think about it. Pitlochry isn't much livelier. Blair Atholl estate does some trekking in the summer, using the stalking ponies, but that whole area is a bit of a desert for horse work.

There are a couple of people you'd do well to avoid in and around Kirkmichael too, by the way, in my opinion.

kirstyfk

Visit site
There really isn't much going on in the horse world up there. It is worth contacting the Atholl Estates to see if they have any jobs going or any cottages to rent. The trekking centre sometimes do grass livery but nothing more as they don't have stables. But very handy as Blair are hosting the Europeans next year. Other than that you would need to look for something closer to Perth.

It's a lovely area to live and I miss it a lot now I'm not there.