Horsey experiences!

Evie91

Visit site
Any recommendations for horsey experiences? Live in the midlands so preferably travelling distance of up to two hours, but could go further for something really good!

Have tried carriage driving, polo, regularly watch eventing, leased a share in a (winning) racehorse.

Can anyone suggest anything else horse related I could try in UK?!
Thank you!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Western, sidesaddle, trick / stunt riding, anything to do with heavies - ploughing or logging as well as riding.

Sorry I have no idea about midlands stuff!

Evie91

Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.Tried to look for western as really fancy a good at barrel racing but can’t find anything in the uk!
Hadn’t thought of side saddle- will google to see if I can find anything :)

TTK

Visit site
For a western lesson on a schoolmaster try Bruce Lawrence at Valley View Ranch & Equestrian Centre. 07791 323192. He is just south of Leominster off the A49 in Ullingswick. Give it a go, you might love it

Evie91

Visit site
Like the look of a wales weekend too. Looked a bRuce but seems you need to take your own. Horse- pls correct me if I’m wrong". Ignore typo having trouble responding, if I delete a letter it deletes the whole post,

JFTDWS

Visit site
Sovereign QHs I think do lessons on theirs? North Cambs, so not exactly local to you but possibly not a million miles?

JFTDWS

Visit site
I did archery and combat at the centre for horseback combat. I loved the combat, but it put me off archery for nearly 8 years. Oddly, when I had a go on my own horses down here, I loved it :rolleyes:

J&S

Visit site
Clydesdale Adventure Holidays on Dartmoor. You can go out for 2 hours or two or three days. Lovely people, lovely horses, look at their FB pages.

Kat

Visit site
There is a place near me in Derbyshire that does logging with Shires as an experience. The same people do horse drawn canal boats.

Have you tried hunting? The 4shires bloodhounds offer hirelings.

Mayz

New User
Visit site
Moor Farm Stables, Corley Moor, Warwickshire, offer side saddle lessons. I had one back in August when staying in the area for a few days and would highly recommend. They use an external side saddle instructor, a lovely lady, Vanessa Hood who is a Side Saddle Association approved instructor.

Evie91

Visit site
Thank you all for fantastic response. Going to check out all of the suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to reply,Much appreciate.stil having issues responding taking an age to type a message, hence brief reply