Horsey goals for 2012 - what are yours?

black_horse

Visit site
probably a bit late (should have done this in january) but what are your equine goals and aspirations for 2012? Where do you hope to be by the end of the year and what do you hope to have achived? How are you going to get there?

Ill start, my goal is to return to riding delicia in my snaffle and work on the scales of training with her.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Clear round an 80cm course - schooling or competing, not fussy - but balanced and forwards, without the canter dying after every fence. On Fergs. J can do that already tbf :eek:

Maybe have a stab at actually getting a medium trot in a dr test... He can do it at home, normally whilst being a twit, but it is possible so we will get it.

Canter pick ups... we've cracked trot, so canter should be acheivable...

403249_533206425677_278600097_1106405_679521672_n.jpg

Survive :D (with regard to all of them, this one!)

Good luck with the scales of training / snaffle work... You can't beat a bit of slightly classical-bent dressage ;)

black_horse

Visit site
@Piaffe good luck :D

@JFTD - seriously, you post pictures on every thread i make about every concievable subject, do you wait for me to post a title and rush of to take a picture, sad cow :D.

trot pick ups look but but F is a bit smaller then dee, i would be left hanging under dees belly if i did that

JFTDWS

Visit site
@Piaffe good luck :D

@JFTD - seriously, you post pictures on every thread i make about every concievable subject, do you wait for me to post a title and rush of to take a picture, sad cow :D.

trot pick ups look but but F is a bit smaller then dee, i would be left hanging under dees belly if i did that

Don't get big-headed - I post pictures EVERYWHERE on all threads I think I can get away with it :eek: I have lots of photos :eek: I am a sad cow though :D

Yes, easier on littlies, but we do have people picking up of 17,2s! Men mostly. Men have no fear :eek:

I only posted that pic because I couldn't think how to explain what I meant other than just sayaing horseball. Plus I'm always canvassing for interest in horseball / new players in Essex... :D

Puzzles

Visit site
This isn't going to be the horsiest year, methinks :( so I'm sticking to wee little goals: going on the Boxing Day hunt (all of 10 months away!) and there's a teeny weeny possibility we might all be going on another horsey holiday by the sea, probably in September. Depends on money though! I have a lot of uni, research and voluntary work both term-time and holidays, so the horses will have to be squeezed around all that.
Hopefull a friend and I will go on a few long, summer picnic rides and pub rides, armed with a map, hoof pick and lager. ;) We were planning a riding trip along the coast, staying in horsey B&B's overnight (if only we could just camp anywhere like you can in Scotland) but due to lack of time and money it'll probably have to wait. Something to look forward to though! :)
To be honest, I get so precious little horsey time these days, it's amazing just to be able to give the horses a scratch and a groom and go for a ride.

Persephone

Visit site
I'm backing my youngster too. In fact I have just been rumaging through my saddle collection for a likely candidate!

Hoping to back and ride away this year, then she will be turned away until spring 2013.

trendybraincell

Visit site
I really want to try a medium test by the end of the year, I don't expect to ever be really competitive at that level but I'd just like to ride a semi decent test on the welsh cob!

black_horse

Visit site
Good luck to those backing youngters!!! I have a stiff drink awaiting you in the bar after the first ride :D

@Puzzles - i hope you get to go to the meet and have the holiday :)

@ Tracey - your welsh cob rules. He is so lovely, why wouldnt you be competive at that level?! Go knock their sockss off :)

Enfys

Visit site
I'd like to get this years crop of foals on the ground safe and sound for a start.

Then I have a useful 4 year old that will be working on pole bending and barrels for the rodeo circuit.

Other than that just the usual team penning and roping, I may even progress to actually getting a rope on a real calf.

black_horse

Visit site
@ enfys - good luck with the foals! if you have any lovely palomino foals with white faces, please send them my way :D i love a white face.

@maisie - dont give up :( why not try a new route like a new instructor and work on the basics to build your confidence levels up?

trendybraincell

Visit site
@ Trendy - your welsh cob rules. He is so lovely, why wouldnt you be competive at that level?! Go knock their sockss off :)

Well our last Elementary outing was rather poor, so I've had a little confidence knock. I think he's the bees knees but I'm not the judge :rolleyes:

Also, you could do with reading some of your own advice :) hope you're feeling happier

pipsqueek

Visit site
to have an enjoyable summer this year after having spent 7 months last year on a horse that just wasn't for me!! Hoping for good summer on my new horse, things have gone well over the last few months, hunting etc and looking forward to summer showjumping, t.b, b.s brit nov/disc on her, and hoping for a quiet year for my oldie who deserves a break!

black_horse

Visit site
Well our last Elementary outing was rather poor, so I've had a little confidence knock. I think he's the bees knees but I'm not the judge :rolleyes:

Also, you could do with reading some of your own advice :) hope you're feeling happier

Hey! I am only good at giving the advice ;)

@superted - fingers crossed, sashes are aways nice :)

@pipsqueak - best of luck with your new horse :) i wish you every sucess

donkeyindisguise

Visit site
I'm currently just endlessly browsing adverts, am still not 100% percent sure I'm over 'my' little mare I lost in November, so don't want to rush anything. Unfortunately I'll be looking for the same as everyone else. A relatively safe alrounder, as, dare I say it... most my experience comes from a RS as present, but getting myself out riding others already :)

Enfys

Visit site
@ enfys - good luck with the foals! if you have any lovely palomino foals with white faces, please send them my way :D i love a white face.

QUOTE]

Hoping for one of those out of the Paint :)

The others hmmm, they will be interesting...all by a palomino, the bay Morgan, well, I've had a bay, a palomino and a chestnut from a bay before but I don't expect much white on that one or from the two QH mares.
Buckskin mare = about 9 colour possibilities!
Dunalino mare = 6 possibilities

Really, as long as mares and foals are OK I'm not fussed too much about colour.

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
JFTD - did you know there's some sort of Horseball day at Wix on *think* 31st March?? Might be something you would be interested in?

Mine are to get my 6yo jumping newcomers double clears, with a view to doing 115/foxhunter before christmas, and my 8 year old jumping foxhunter double clears, maybe a 130 before christmas. Not having a great start to the year so probably take things slowly. Have blue chip and regional finals as main priorities seeing as we have already qualified.

Guess my biggest aim is to learn everything I can and give it all my best shot!

JFTDWS

Visit site
JFTD - did you know there's some sort of Horseball day at Wix on *think* 31st March?? Might be something you would be interested in?

Yea, I'm playing ;) :D First matches of the year - I am farrrrr too excited, though it's going to be abysmal since I have only had one training session this year and there's only one more before the matches :eek: Soooo screwed :eek:

Thanks though ;)

jmb

Visit site
My personal goal is to enjoy everything I do and not get stressed about what other people think. I tend to worry and then get very nervous to the point that i dont want to go in the ring at shows. I found a fantasic team last year who help me every step of the way and our team goal is improve throughout the season and no matter what we keep having fun!

kippen64

thinkingabouthorses.blogspot.com.au
My goals are a new horse. It will be a young off the track Thoroughbred, about 16hh and 4 years old. Plus a new float (horse trailer) and a vehicle to pull it. My biggest goal is to diet my Highland Pony until people stop teasing me that perhaps he's a Hippo and not a pony at all.

Fidgety

Visit site
To get back in the saddle! I broke my leg badly in October and though I've been given the go-ahead to get back on board I'm having a wibble, not just because I'm still in a lot of pain and still very lame, but the fall has knocked my confidence for six :(