Horsey Help From Exeter People.

fredthoroughbred

Visit site
Hi there,

I have an interview at Exeter Uni to do my PGCE and if i'm successful, it will mean moving the horses down too. Can anyone offer advice on good DIY yards and their proximity to central Exeter? I'm not fussy really, I'm just after a friendly yard with nice hacking. An indoor school, horse walker etc isn't essential.
Also, on another note, I have two dogs, is there any nice dog walking in and around the city? Sorry, I'm a complete Exeter virgin, any advice would be greatly appreciated, it looks like a lovely city.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
if you do a search on the forum lots will come up for previous threads.
close to the city there isnt any indoor schools, the nearest ones are around 4 miles out side.

as far as dog walking goes, we have the quay area that offers a huge amoutn of walking (google exeter quay) and there are a lot of parks around too, if you go out of the city a bit we have haldon forest, also near to the uni is a place called stoke woods.

and not to mention beaches, our nearest beach is less than ten miles away.

Welly

Visit site
Hi, there are some great dog walking areas. There is an area which runs all the way from the quay along the canal past the pub called the double locks, very dog friendly and on to the Turf Hotel a good couple of miles. There are quite a few livery yards in and around and the riding is good up at Haldon forest near Exeter race course. It will all depend on where you will be staying, good luck.