Horsey Office Jobs

happyhack

Visit site
I love horses and riding and even enjoy mucking out but do not want to work on a yard for fear of losing interest. Does anyone know where i should be looking for an office based horsey job?
Thanks
<span style="color:purple"> </span>

Sophie_Bailey

Visit site
I have a horsey based office job, i work with an equestrian photographer. Because of my health i couldn't work at a yard and have my horsey, tried it and it didn't work. Love having the horse connection with my job. I didn't need any special qualifications to work here. I suppose horse and hound would be the best to find something along the lines your looking for. i found my job by word of mouth.

Twiglet

Visit site
Horse insurance might be an area to look into. With the big brokers you may get to be involved in visiting yards etc, and speaking to people about their horses The lower levels aren't brilliantly paid, but bound to be more than yard work (although doesn't keep you half as fit!).
Big competition for the jobs but there's a few based in the SE, and in Lloyds in London. SEIB is based in Essex, don't know how far that would be for you.

happyhack

Visit site
Thanks. I have worked in an office for the past 2 years and did a 2 years horse management national diploma at college which included 6 months work experience in newmarket so i'm quite versatile. I just want to incorporate my love for horses into a job that doesnt involve much or any yard work. I think if i went to work on a yard i would end up resenting my own horse and i never ever want that to happen.