Horsey people are slightly strange.

cobgirlie

Visit site
Last night arrived at the yard as usual. My lad was inside his stable eating his afternoon hay allowance. He shouted hello, I said hello back. I said hello to the other liveries around, had a chat. Went over to his stable, went inside, checked his water, checked he had hay, then stopped something in the corner of the stable.....

Queue me running out the stable, hands waving, shouting in glee...the lady in the next stable came out her tack room, she too started gleeful exclaimations and rushed to my stable to see!! YO came over to see what the noise was about...she too came to the stable to see the excitement! Lots of 'oh fabulous' 'well done boy'!!!

What were we all so happy about? After 4 weeks of cow pats my horse had done a 'normal' pooh.

As we went about are routine I had to think 'we're so strange!!' :rolleyes:

Flicker

Visit site
LOL
I know how you feel! I've started mixing hay in with our haylege because my chap was exploding out of his back end.
Last night I was complimenting him on his beautiful, well-formed poo's.

Our youngest cat had terrible bowel problems as a kitten - my OH used to refer to his pooh as 'chocolate Mr Whippy's'. Thanks to a very good pro-biotic from the vet and a strict diet of boiled chicken breast, he came through it and now does normal cat poo's. We were delighted with him and I nearly found myself photographing one in his litter tray!

Apparently mothers of human children do it with their offspring too.

Thisbe

Visit site
Brilliant story, I care for a horse who had grass sickness and count her poos daily .....we are a strange bunch

amandap

Visit site
Last night arrived at the yard as usual. My lad was inside his stable eating his afternoon hay allowance. He shouted hello, I said hello back. I said hello to the other liveries around, had a chat. Went over to his stable, went inside, checked his water, checked he had hay, then stopped something in the corner of the stable.....

Queue me running out the stable, hands waving, shouting in glee...the lady in the next stable came out her tack room, she too started gleeful exclaimations and rushed to my stable to see!! YO came over to see what the noise was about...she too came to the stable to see the excitement! Lots of 'oh fabulous' 'well done boy'!!!

What were we all so happy about? After 4 weeks of cow pats my horse had done a 'normal' pooh.

As we went about are routine I had to think 'we're so strange!!' :rolleyes:
:D:D:D I'd get excited in those circumstances too.:cool:

I thought you were going to say the HE had had a foal!:eek::D

cobgirlie

Visit site
:D:D:D I'd get excited in those circumstances too.:cool:

I thought you were going to say the HE had had a foal!:eek::D

Lol!! Now that would have been something to be giddy about!!! Mind you the size of his belly at the moment (over zealous me feeding him up for the winter!!) I think he's carrying twins!!;)