Horsey Peoples bedtime!

Balibee

Visit site
What is your daily routine and what time do you fall into bed?

I am starting to wonder if I am very sad and old!

I am 37, mum to 2 boys and am generally in bed by 8.30pm (9pm at a push!) This is weekends too :eek:

I get up at 5am monday - friday ( 5.30AM Sat- Sun) sort my horse out, get kids off to school/college then am at work by 8.30am.

I finish at 3pm, straight home, get changed, go straight to yard. Sort horse out again. Home by about 6.30 - 7pm.

Now my darling husband cooks every night so when I get in I just mainly eat tea, lounge about till about 8pm when I start yawning. I take a book up to bed and start reading then before I know it daarling husband is pulling the book out from underneath my face where Ihave probably dribbled all over it :eek:
Next thing I know it's 5am again :(

This is 7 days a week! I can't even stay up on a friday or saturday!

Please tell me I am not alone and other people don their slippers and pour themselves an Ovaltine :D

jenni999

Visit site
Sounds just like me, but I cook as my OH can't boil water. I frequently get woken up on the sofa at about 9pm and told to go up to bed....

pottamus

Visit site
Well I am up at 5am every morning including weekends so need to get to bed for 10pm at the very latest..I fall asleep straight away so no worries there!
I have to leave for work by 7.30am and dont get back home till 6pm. We have tea first and then I get my lad in at around 7pm. Same routine every week...even Christmas!

claireandnadia

Visit site
Up at 6 to go to the yard, feed, turn out, sometimes muck out and then go to work for 8.30.
Finish work at 5, go back to the yard, usually home by 7.30 and in bed by 9.00-9.30.

3Beasties

Visit site
Twice a week I get up at 7am, straight out to do the horse (in my PJ's :eek: )then leave for work at 8.40am, work right through till 8pm and then get home about 8.40pm. Bring horse in for the night, I go and eat then lounge about for an hour or so before going to skip out the horse again before heading to bed at about 10pm.

The other 3 week days I don't have to leave the house till 12noon so I get up half an hour later, fit a ride in and maybe a few chores in the house before heading to work. Get home at the same as above time and same routine then applies.

At weekends I try to get up at 7:30ish but other then doing the horse there is no set routine.

MardyMare

Visit site
I also struggle to stay awake past 9PM!! I have been trying to re-watch the last HP dvd before I go see the new release later this month. I am now on instalment 7 and still not got to the end!! I am up at 5:30 - see to horses (luckily just across the garden) work for 8:30 home for 6pm. Luckily OH and I take it in turn to cook.

TallyHo123

Visit site
I struggle with sleep. I get up around 7am ride do the horses then come home. I work part time so I go to work if I have to if not I do some uni work. Then I will do anything I have to (Shopping, sort things out etc.) Go back to the yard and bring horsies in, I do all the jobs and ride in the morning.
Get home around 6pm. I will usually then go to my boyfriends or i might go out for tea/a few drinks with friends. Different days I will go to bed at different times. Last night I was in bed at 1am.

KatB

Visit site
I should go to bed earlier, but am very rarely in bed before 11pm. At the moment routine is:

6.20am get up, get dressed, get organised,
6.50am get down to yard, turn out, muck out, get changed, l
7.30am, leave for work
8.30am start work
6pm finish work
6.45/7pm at yard.
Ride, pull down bed, feed, make feeds for following morning
8/8.30pm off yard
Shower, change, and either go out or have dinner at home.
Bed 10.30/11pm

I sometimes work 10.30pm to 7pm, which actually works quite well as I ride etc in the morning, home, shower, then to work so just have to feed in the evening which takes 10mins, then straight out for about 8.30 :) Fitting in a social life and horse and work is hard work though, and today I am shattered!!!!

posie_honey

Visit site
i lvoe early nights!
my routine:
5.40 alarm goes off - get up = breakfast, make sarnies, let dogs out yada yada yada
6.30 - cycle to horse and back with dogs - back about 7.10 usually
7.30 off to work
3.30 - finish work - straight to horse to try to ride a bit before its too dark
6ish - home - light fires, walk dogs, get supper on,have bath/shower
7ish eat - sometimes watch DVD or tidy house yada yada yada
9ish - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
Wake up and at yard by 6.50, (feed and hay 8 horse 3times a week) Muck out two, waters, check rugs. Leave yard 7.45.
Get to work for 8.30 and work through to 4.30.
At the yard by 5, exercise my horse and everything he needs doing. 2nights a week I do 5full liverys ie skip out, hays feed, rugs, water and last checks in return my horse is done for me all day every work day.
Home 6.30-7.
Have dinner, shower, lunch for next day.
2nights my boyfriend comes over 9-12 and 3nights I go to his at 8 and leave at half 11 or stay over which means sleep about 12.

Weekends I get an extra hour in bed.

DellaMoon

Visit site
This post makes me feel so much better!! Balibee and I have our horses at the same yard and we have the same routine (only ones that do!). We thought we were extremely sad (especially as I am only 27!). I just couldn't function on less sleep. Thank you for putting my mind at rest!

Daisy2

Visit site
Sounds like we all live parellel lives, I think my OH half should read the replies to this post as he thinks I am the only one obsessed and nuts to go to bed before the kids at up before the dawn chorus. I love it all!

Visit site
I am 19 and also quite often fall asleep reading a book! :eek: :p

I am a self employed groom/rider and have two jobs at the moment. My horses are currently on part livery so I don't have to sort them out in the morning. I get up at about 7 am, start my first job at 8 am and finish at 11 am. Then I go to the yard and ride one of my boys, and have my lunch before I start my other job at 2 pm - 4.30 pm. Then I go back to the yard, ride the other one and sort them out for the night. I usually get home around 6 pm. Have dinner, chill out watching TV/on here/Facebook, have a shower and go to bed and read a book at about 10 pm. Although it takes me ages to finish a book as I usually fall asleep within half an hour! :rolleyes:

smirnoff_ice07

Visit site
I work late nights so on my 2 days off am normally in bed by 11, if i have been working during the week it's normally closer to 12-12.30!! Then again i can sleep in a bit in the mornings as horses are at home and live out, at weekends we dont shut till 2am so don't get to bed until 3.30 am on a fri night, to be back up at 10 to go back to work!!
On a saturday night it's closer to 4.30am-5 ish before i get to bed, you want to try doing that and getting up to go to a competition on the Sunday!! This Saturday night i had 3 and a half hours sleep!!

Balibee

Visit site
This post makes me feel so much better!! Balibee and I have our horses at the same yard and we have the same routine (only ones that do!). We thought we were extremely sad (especially as I am only 27!). I just couldn't function on less sleep. Thank you for putting my mind at rest!

Hey!!! You had to get in that I am 10 years older than you! :p :p

PIP17

Visit site
Im 44 and usually asleep in the chair by 9pm :rolleyes: My routine is as follows -
Up at 5.15am
Clean house ready for return on evening
Take dog for walk
Leave between 6.30 and 6.45am for yard
At work for 7.45am
Leave at 4.30pm for yard.
In summer ride every evening usually and home anywhere between 7pm and 8pm
Winter home for about 6pm
Take dog for evening walk
Hopefully OH has sorted out tea - if not will make beans on toast or egg and chips or something else thats quick
Wash up - do any ironing or washing etc
Finally collaspe in chair and almost immediately full asleep :eek:
Im ashamed to say - sometimes Im so tired I cant be bothered to wash my hair or take my make up off!! No wonder I look old!!!
Wouldnt change anything though!

sarahann1

Visit site
I'm 29 and have just moved yards in the last couple of weeks so getting used to a new routine that goes something like this:

6am persaude myself getting out of bed is a good idea (any hints on making this easier?!)
6:40ish am try to be a yard feed the boys make up dinners
7:40am home get ready for work
8:45 be at work (in thoery, god bless flexi!)
5pmish finish work
6pmish try to be back at yard sharpish give boys there dinner, no riding yet, they are still in isolation
8pmish (yaking time depending) get home get food
9pm start yawing
9.30/10ish off to bed

I try and get a longer lie in on Saturdays...and get up around 7am

sarahann1

Visit site
Im 44 and usually asleep in the chair by 9pm :rolleyes: My routine is as follows -
Up at 5.15am
Clean house ready for return on evening.....
Wash up - do any ironing or washing etc
!

Wow PIP17, I'm impressed my house looks like is been robbed just now! I'm failing miserably to fit in house work.....

MagicMelon

Visit site
7am - Get up, have shower, dressed, have brekkie etc.
8.30am - Leave for work
9am-5pm - Work
5pm - Go home via my mums to do the horses (not riding at the mo, horse on his annual winter break but I do ride usually after work). So at the moment its just a case of feeding them (they live out).
6.30 / 7pm - Usually get home and my BF has got dinner waiting for me :)
10pm - Bed!

I'm very lucky that my mum is happy to do the horses for me in the mornings and says I shouldn't bother coming home at night either to do them as she'd do them then too during the winter when I don't ride - but I like to see them and check their rugs etc.

I've recently got a new job far closer to home which is AMAZING. For the past 2 1/2 years I was commuting an hour each way to work and via mums to see the horses, 80 miles a day I was doing... hell.

coen

Visit site
Either:
6am up
6.20 yard - ride
7.30 drive to work
5.40 leave work
7 Home
10 Bed

Or:
7 up
7.40 Drive to work
7 Get to yard - Ride
8.45 Home
10.30 Bed

Weekends - Generally up 8.30 Bed 11.30
Never enough hours in the day, especially in winter.

Kenzo

Visit site
9pm at the moment, basically I go to bed about 15-20 minutes after my tea, then I'm up at 5:45 and down at the stables anytime between 6:30 and 7am depending if I'm exercising in the morning or not.

Elsbells

Visit site
Looks like us part-time working, kids grown up and left home, one horse owning happy hackers have cracked it!:D

Though now thinking about it,:eek: I will be 50 this year,:eek: not as slim and as good looking as I was,:( or come to that as flexible and brave a rider:(:rolleyes:

Ah well:rolleyes:

Charlie007

Visit site
My bedtime is a bit of a joke at work!! If there is anything on TV after 9pm they all know they will have to update me because I rarely make it past 9pm!! Get up at 5-15 7 days a week, although I am working on having a lie in one day on the weekend!