horsey pilates exercises?

kerryflower

Visit site
Hi All

I've heard a lot about the benefits of pilates for your riding and in one of my recent lessons I realised just how stiff I am! For a 22 year old I was more like an 80 year old. Soooo I went and bought a pilates kit from good old Asda.
Blew up the ball which my dog thought was a big pink monster and tried to attack lol.

Have watched the dvd that came with it but would like some exercises related to riding? Any ideas? I am so useless on that bloody ball lol

Thankyou :)

Bethie

Visit site
I'd look for a local class for at least a short while so you can learn the basic movements and positioning correctly with an instructor to guide you. You don't want to do more harm than good by putting your back out!

j1ffy

Visit site
Google "equilates" - it's pilates for riders. You'll need a "dynaband" as they use one of those to mimic the reins but you can get one online for a few quid.

sw123

Visit site
I did an Equipilates clinic - google equipilates.com this was developed by a BD trainer and rider and is very good, she had a book etc so you could combine the two.

kerryflower

Visit site
thanks guys. I'm going to try and find a class but they all seem to be on when I have to be in work or uni :( Will def look into the equilates and a book though :)