Horsey places to visit in Devon anybody know????

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I'm going to Devon for a week next saturday and wondered if anyone can recommned any where horsey to visit? I'vealso got a 3 year old son so if you can recommend anywhere for us to go that would suit him it would be much appreciated! We are staying in Woolacombe. Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place!
wink.gif

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
hey there! my gran lives on exmoor which is pretty much the next door county from devon and when i go there i also ride when there. i go to a place called West Anstey Stables which is in West Anstey and i find it great fun! the yard isn't all of the best tidiest but they have some lovely ponies and horses for all ages. my little cuz had a few lessons there and he really enjoys them so i'm sure it will be fine for your 3 yr old son! i'm not sure where woolacombe is so it might be to far. thats the only place i know so i hope this helps!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Thanks yeah thats a great help, will have a look on internet when i get time too for the donkey sanctuary, just thought out of all the people on here someone must know something! Thanks!xx

Becky101

Visit site
I work at a riding stables called Brendon Manor stables over the summer. It is right on the edge of exmoor, just ride through 2 fields and on to the open moor. Lovely staff, .. (well i would say that!), great horses and stunning scenery. Children have to be 5 to go up on the moor but the little ponies are v well behaved and younger children can have a ride round the fields. More for you than your son i suppose, can do some fantastic 3hr riders rides!! about 45 mins from woolacombe, near lynton.
Hope this helps, it really is fantastic riding. X X

sojeph

Visit site
Hi, I'm not far from Woolacombe. They have a riding school in Woolacombe but I haven't used it. Theres loads to do round there if you google Woolacombe, Ilfracombe, Combe Martin. Its not horsey but Combe Martin has a Wildlife and Dinosaur park which is good fun for little ones. Its 10/15 mins away from Woolacombe, plus there is Exmoor zoo nearby. Try also the Mullacott minature pony and shire horses centre - again haven't been but may be worth googling and having a look - in fact I must get off my arse and go look - its only down the road!

seaofdreams

Visit site
yes there is a donkey sanctury as i went about 4 weeks ago when on holiday !
Its in Sidmouth right next to were our camp site was so i walked up there alot !! there all so lovely
if you need the address let me know
Hx