Horsey stuff North West of Stowmarket, Suffolk

spacie1977

Visit site
I'm moving to Wetherden, Suffolk and will be completely new to the area so I'm looking for as much info on local equine things as possible to help with the transition from full livery to DIY in new home (gulp!)

Info I need if anyone can help:

Reasonably priced post and rail contractors (they'll be living out until we can get stables built)
Recommendations for a local instructor I could take my horse to? (Would need to use their ménage as I won't have one, unless there's someone local with a ménage I can hire for lessons)
Local farrier recommendations
Local tack shops
Local suppliers for feed and hay
Good equine vet
Muck heap removal
Is there a local adults riding club?
Is there much decent hacking around Wetherden? (the OS map isn't too exciting so wondering if any friendly farmers are relaxed about locals skirting the edges of their fields?)

I'm considering using local part or DIY livery initially to give me time to settle in, fence the paddocks, build stables etc. So any recommendations on livery yards local to Wetherden/Base Green/Haughley Green would be much appreciated, as I've had little joy googling. I've seen there's First Choice Dressage in Wetherden, and Rectory Farm in Tostock. Would anyone recommend these yards? Or are there any small private yards I could try contacting? I'm a happy hacker at the moment but would want lessons and to start competing at some point.

Anything else you think I may need/like to know about the area?

I know this list is huge so feel free to PM me :)