Horsey things to do near Seville, Spain

jaquelin

Visit site
Hi, I headed to Spain in early October & wondered if any of you very knowledgeable & well-travelled people had any experience of horse-related day tripping from Seville. Are there notable studs that allow visits or dressage or PRE type training centres? Love the PRE, so would be interested in anything related. Thanks!

cundlegreen

Visit site
You've got the spanish riding school in jerez. Definitely worth a visit. For a small charge, you can watch the stallions schooling inside and out, and there is a carriage museum there. In Seville, right next to the bullring, is a fantastic saddlers. Well worth a visit! At a different time of the year (May, I think) they have the big feria in Seville. A huge spectacle, and well worth going to see.

Chloeap

Visit site
I haven't been to Seville but have been near to Cordoba.
The Royal Stables in Cordoba do a great show in the evening. We went to that and thought it was great. I also saw them practicing in the day which was very interesting. Would definitely recommend this if you get as far as Cordoba. It is also a wonderful place to visit for non-horsey things!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...ba-Cordoba_Province_of_Cordoba_Andalucia.html

Pebble101

Visit site
Was in Seville for 4 nights earlier this year and went to Cordoba on the train, well worth a visit but a lot colder than Seville was and we hadn't put warm enough clothing on. Wish I had known about the horsey things :)

j1ffy

Visit site
Definitely the Royal Equestrian School in Jerez! Jerez also has the Carthusian stud (Carthusians are supposed to be the purest of the Spanish horses thanks to a legend involving the Carthusian monks) http://www.yeguadacartuja.org and, of course, lots of sherry bodegas! And a fantastic tack shop.

Fizz06

Visit site
Hipisur tack shop if you are going to Jerez. The Royal School show is always good, makes sure you do the full tour and have a good look round. If you want to ride, pm me as I know a fantastic place which gives lessons/hacks.

jaquelin

Visit site
Wow, thanks for all the replies -so quick! I will need to see how to get to Jerez from Seville; will be visiting friends who are renting a flat for a month -mad keen on flamenco, but open to other stuff.