horsey whim

Nosey

Visit site
Sort of falling in love with an internet ad for little ex. racehorse! After a week I checked to see if still for sale which she is but some 150 miles away which I thought was too far. still brooding tho & her name is spookily v meaningful to my personal situation so my stupid sentimental side is thinking that's a sign! I don't really need another but have space & I believe ability to take on. Have broken / schooled a no. over the years.fair bit of experience & love of TBs. my mare is mid teens & still a Sharp little bunny but I'm thinking of a pot. overlap. Pls tell me to get a grip!

Nosey

Visit site
Thanks guys....you're not helping ;-) .. but I half expected answers like this that's prob why I posted! Can't believe I'm still thinking about her..I've got enough on plate really....glad to hear I'm not the only one swayed by a name ffionwinnie....it might be a reason to place a bet in the national but....another life partner!!

rhino

Visit site
I still think 'what if' about a horse that was advertised for sale when I bought my first horse - 13 years ago! You don't HAVE to buy her, but phoning up and asking about her, what harm can that do? :cool: :p

Nosey

Visit site
You're prob right rhino..its like craving after an item of clothing until you try it on & it looks *****....it will put it to bed one way or another!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I kept going back to an add for a Clydesdale / welsh section D not my type at all I was looking for a warmblood to drive it went on for ages the price went down he was still for sale it was about four hours away my OH was against it said he was too cheap and he would be lame or mad or both I. The end I went.
He belonged to a lovely lady she needed to sell for personal reasons very sad he had been a rescue and she was so worried for him I bought him I believe I was meanlt to .
Ring what harm can it do.

Last edited:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Ffion the dog on the far right as you look at the pic, 12 years old and still going strong (pic was taken a few weeks ago, she is the oldest there). Best sheep dog I have ever owned.

Ffion the pony. Bought her from photos (thousands of) and a phone convo. But I had already decided to buy her from one pic in the for sale advert. Best pony I have ever owned, having great fun with her, genuine and honest, will be excellent for my daughter when I have finished schooling her.

Nosey

Visit site
I think I'll show these posts to other half then poss. Do a full telephone grilling. She's not at trainers...been out of training & re-schooled for 6mths or so. Spookily she's not far from where I bought current mare from nearly10 yrs ago...swore I wouldn't do another long distance purchase! Ffionwinnie love both your ffions! Glad all worked out so well for you...loving your collie trio pic!

Nosey

Visit site
Goldenstar loved your story....what a happy ending & bet the previous owner was so pleased to have found you. These stories all remind me of that thelwell pic...'he'll find you' :)

Silvermiyazawa

Visit site
I am slightly in love with an lassie in an advert at the mo. If I was in the position to buy I would have already been in touch but I really can't at the mo.

You on the other hand......!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I would like to point out that this forum is made up of horrible horse buying enablers and that it's all their fault that I ended up with twit-face... :mad:

(who I love dearly).