Horsy -and non horsy -magazines

cariad

Visit site
Hello. I don't often post any messages, but I do like reading everyone else's! However, I need some help and wonder if anyone has any ideas.

We are looking to move house and are having a long overdue clearout. I have a huge amount of horsy magazines -Horse, Your Horse, Horse and Rider - going back to the 90's and possibly before that. Yes, I know, squirrel or what? I also have non horsy ones such as Country Living. I am keeping all the H&H's and the more recent years of the other horse magazines.

I don't think they have any financial value, but I would be sad just to dump them. I can't be bothered with e-bay as the cost of posting them out would be astronomical. (Can't be bothered with e-bay at all, actually.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could usefully do with them, or is it the case that there just isn't anything? Do any of the charities do anything with them as they do with used stamps? Thanks.

ThomasTank

Visit site
What about a jolly good boot fair ??
grin.gif

cariad

Visit site
Thanks for the boot fair idea -just don't have enough time at moment to organise and use up a whole day! And in answer to where am I, I'm in Cambridgeshire.

cariad

Visit site
Can't even justify it that way -mine are all in lovely condition, like new, most of them. I will try asking the charity shops, but ours seem overwhelmed with donations at the moment and many have asked that people actually stop giving them stuff! Perhaps we just have too much stuff in Cambridgeshire.They seem to be particularly overwhelmed with books, of which I have an equally large number to go out. I also have 3 horses to move and haven't even started on THEIR stuff yet. They're hopeless at sorting it out themselves....