Hot filled foreleg but not lame ...?

hussar

Visit site
Any ideas as to what could be wrong with my 8yo Arab who today came in from the field with a filled left fore tendon area, showing some heat, but not a bit lame? No sign of a wound or mud fever.

I've cold hosed and plastered it with arnica gel and will see how it is tomorrow before deciding whether to call the vet. But meantime I'd welcome your thoughts.

1928sky

Visit site
Could be a tendon problem- they don't have to be lame even for quite severe tendon injuries. If it is still swollen or continues to go up and down then I would definately get the vet to scan it! Sorry thats probs not what you wanted to hear but it is early days and it could still be something quite trivial.

TURBOBERT

Visit site
Could be in the foot eg an abcess - but I expect you have thought of that. Can sometimes make the leg blow up like a balloon. Err on the safe side though. Treat it as serious - box rest, cold hose frequently etc. If not down with no heat in a couple of days get the vet - or if you prefer your farrier just to check it is not in the foot.

hussar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar thing and after a few days a tiny cut appeared so it must have a been a small brush injury.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully that's exactly what's happened here. The leg was almost normal this morning and I found the weeniest cut - he does have extreme reactions to things like that. Thanks for the replies.