Hot Horse Shower.... any good?

hobgoblin

Visit site
My hot water heater outside has bitten the dust. I was looking at the hot horse shower has water heaters.
Does anyone have one? How do you rate it compared to normal outside (electric) showers ?
I'm tempted because I like the long hose and then could take it hunting etc too and price wise not much more than replacing what we already have??
Thanks in advance :)

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
I have one, its either faulty so I'll see what the customer service is like when I call them. Or I'm doing something wrong, or its crap lol! I used it a few days ago. Get hot water for ten seconds then it goes cold. Stop and start it and get hot water for another ten seconds :-( here's hoping its just a faulty one. I'd suggest getting the second one up not the cheapest. So I'm hoping u get lots if replies to saying how great they are!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I got one for Christmas in 2012 .
It's excellent we have the one on the trolley which we move about to wash cars and do other things ( although I have it on the wall in a wash box ATM ).
I love mine much much better than electric you just disconnect the water in and out hoses after use the water drains out then you have no issues with freezing .
You could make a trolley yourself from a sack barrow if you are handy at that sort of thing and gas shower units are aviable on eBay cheaper if you know someone who can change the human head to a hose etc etc , a friend did this after seeing mine but she had seen mine to understand how to do it.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have one, its either faulty so I'll see what the customer service is like when I call them. Or I'm doing something wrong, or its crap lol! I used it a few days ago. Get hot water for ten seconds then it goes cold. Stop and start it and get hot water for another ten seconds :-( here's hoping its just a faulty one. I'd suggest getting the second one up not the cheapest. So I'm hoping u get lots if replies to saying how great they are!

Have you experimented with adjusting the cold water infow so it has less pressure?
And turning down the cold water on the unit, or trying another rose on the end of the hose I replaced the one that came with mine pretty quickly .
Finally is your gas bottle nearly empty the only time mine does this is when the gas is nearly running out also check you had the gas bottle fully open.
Hope one of those helps.

LovesCobs

Visit site
I've messed with the water flow rate but I'll try again and the rose is spraying out of the sides! So I'll replace that. I'm hoping that when I call them they will help and it'll work. Gas is full as I've only tried to use it twice, I think it's on. Thanks for the help. It was hard to keep messing with it in this cold as my hands were freezing every time it went cold! With me getting hot water and then it going I was wondering if there was a problem with the pilot and its going off?

RCP Equestrian

Visit site
We have a boiler fitted outside the wash room that is connected to a gas bottle and the mains water. Works brilliantly and the horses love it :D not sure what make etc ours is but we got it off ebay. Pretty easy to install and work and works every time. Only thing is it has to be fitted on a wall so not like the horse showers that are on a trolley. But would definitely recommend something like them, worth it for those winter morning baths for shows! Especially when we have 4 greys! :D

merlinsquest

Visit site
I've messed with the water flow rate but I'll try again and the rose is spraying out of the sides! So I'll replace that. I'm hoping that when I call them they will help and it'll work. Gas is full as I've only tried to use it twice, I think it's on. Thanks for the help. It was hard to keep messing with it in this cold as my hands were freezing every time it went cold! With me getting hot water and then it going I was wondering if there was a problem with the pilot and its going off?

I have had mixed success with mine as well, I thought it had a fault so OH came up to check & we fiddled with how much the tap was turned on & next time it was fine. Used it last week & it was awful, exactly as you describe. Went boiling hot, then the pilot cuts out so goes freezing cold. Spent ages faffing about with the dials & adjusting the flow from the tap but was a right pain & still couldn't get it to work properly, it does seem that if the water going in is really cold then it struggles. Will be interested to hear how you get on.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I found the knack with mine is to adjust the cold water flow on the unit if the the weather ( and thus the water) is colder we recently got a new water main fitted and this has given us more pressure so I don't turn the tap on quite fully now.
I have no issue with mine as I use it a lot and know exactly how to set it now.

LovesCobs

Visit site
if I have the water flow any less there will be just a dribble coming out :(
the water from the tap is currently bloody cold though. but if the pilot was on it would at least warm it a bit? I may as well have just used the hose from the tap. I'll fiddle some more :rolleyes::D
out of interest, those who have ones which work well, which model do you have?