Household income?

too much too soon?

• Total voters

horsegirl

Visit site
Horse owners only please. From the minimum wage post & the post about how much everyone spends per month I was wondering about forums users household income. If you are still at school/college and your horse costs are paid by another person please use the no horse button.

KatB

Visit site
I am the only one that pays for my horse!! I earn a pittance at the moment, but live with the parents so kinda balances it out....
crazy.gif

wench

Visit site
I earn enough, but live with ma n pa. However, if lived on own and had to pay morgate/rent bye bye horsie!!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
i chose £35-50 as me and my housemates incomes combined call into that cat. Although our incomes are seperate we both have one horse we are solely respondsible for and another we current share costs although I am soon to take over in full as I will be earning more. And stuff like household bills/food etc we share.

we do not break even though with monthly spending which is a bit scary!!

miamibear

Visit site
I put £35k to £50k. Thats me and OH. Im lucky we are at the top end ish. We manage to get by but i do scrimp on neddy so we can go on hols etc. I wish we had more income so i could do everything i wanted with ned such as buy 4x4 and trailer but hey ho. May win £75m on euromillions on Fri!!

Parkranger

Visit site
Our income is £60,000 + but that's all set to change to just little old me soon at £35,000 to £50,000 - oh well, still got my horse - who needs a man!?

I consider myself lucky as I can support myself and a horse - it's not easy 'running' a horse! x

Baileysno1

Visit site
I live with my boyfriend and pay him 'keep' each week we are on a similar amount of money but the vast majority of mine goes on the horse. Its scary really if I had to live alone I simply could not afford it. Best keep in his good books!!!

Sparklet

Visit site
To be honest it doesnt mean that much - I never clap eyes on my hubbies wage (it does go on all the household things) and I pay for mine and daughters horse from my wage. We came on the upper end of the range but I still feel bl&&dy skint.

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
See I find it slightly easier, we used to split most bills and he liked to eat in luxury and got out quite a bit, I can now scrimp on my 'feed' bills and hardly every go out and don't have to feel guilty about what I spend my money on. Yeah if I found a rich man that would pay most of the bills I would be way better off that is for sure!

riotgirl

Visit site
I fall into the under 20k category. Haven't counted my parent's income as the horses are solely my financial responsibility. My horses and I do live with them for free though, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford my girls. So actually not sure whether they should count or not...
confused.gif

Boysy

Visit site
Lowest income band and 2 ponies with daughter and mortgage on me own, don't do bad really. I consider myself rich beyond belief to be able to share my life with me girly and the ponies ! Still wouldn't mind that lotto win thou *sighs*

Blizzard

Visit site
I chose £35-£50k, that is just my OH's wage though as Im, ahem, a lady of leisure.
Luckily he doesnt even want any money for himself so its only me who spends it all LOL

sammys ma

Visit site
Me and BF combined are the 70 -100k mark.

However, we earn about the same, and split all bills/expenses equally APART from the horse, which i pay for myself.

It's very weird, as i was a skint student for years , but even now on a decent wage, by the end of the month i'm always skint and at the top end of my overdraft!
I suppose you always just live to your means!

What is the MOST frustrating, that even with a decent joint income, we are still renting as we can't afford to buy a house in Central Cambridge, as prices are extortionate!!

confused.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
If I included my OH we'd be in the 70 - 100 bracket BUT I earn significantly more than he does and ALL horse expenses .....(buying extra land, building stables etc.)
come out of my salary plus half of everything else...we recently took on a scarily big mortgage to do our 'move to the country' thing so that plus horse costs mean I'm actually more broke than I was when I had my first job....

Madness....why is it that no matter how much you earn your outgoings always exceed your income.....

Clodagh

Visit site
We live on a 400 acre farm with a massive Victorian farmhouse and our earnings are...pathetic!!
shocked.gif
Also, I pay for the horse myself (OK, he cuts the straw, makes the hay, pays for the water and leccy) but the rest is mine!!
crazy.gif

I earn a pittance and work two jobs to keep ned happy.
Holidays? What are they!!
tongue.gif

evsj

Visit site
We are in the 70-100 k bracket but unfortunately my OH earns the lions share (about 60%) of that and is totally unhorsey! We bought our first house in the summer and I contribute, in proportion, to the mortgage and bills. I keep my horse on assisted DIY but if I have to work in London next year I may have to switch to part....which may just tip the balance between owning and not.

Meanwhile OH probably has loads of dosh swimming around in his account every month but I am too proud to ask for financial assistance! I think the only reason I go to work everyday is too pay horsey bills - I keep warning him that if I have to sell her I may start wanting babies in order to fill the emotional gap. Which seems to scare him enough to want to offer me money.

Is that emotional blackmail?

Anyway, it is a fine line between being able to afford a horse and not, for me.