How’s your weather?

scats

Visit site
We had snow overnight Tuesday, which caused absolute traffic chaos, but looked very pretty. Last night it got down to about -4 and that pretty snow, particularly the stuff walked on and driven over, is now ice. Great fun.
Just about got the girls out this morning but yard taps are frozen, despite them being covered, so will have to bring water from home. Temperature not set to rise for a few days. Can’t ride as it’s absolutely lethal everywhere.

All the times I moaned about drizzly warm winter weather... I want it back!😂

chaps89

Visit site
Pretty good here. -4 when I left home in Bucks at 6.30, -6 at the yard in Surrey at about 7.10.
It's currently a tropical 3.5 degrees.
No water on the yard in the mornings is a challenge but I'll take this over rain or snow!

Denbob

Visit site
Only a smattering of snow here, -5 last night. Am on standby for icy sleet this evening and so have made emergency haynets for tomorrow in case my little fiesta doesn't like it. Bonus though because my work is right on the Blackdowns and has some major hills i'm working from home so can get jobs done/bedding in before the worst is supposed to hit tomorrow.

monte1

Visit site
well, no snow here, yet !
-4 at yard 06.30am this morning -but dry and yard surface not to icy when turning out, field is frozen though, lovely bright sunshine and about 3 degrees now.
water taps frozen but tend to thaw when sun gets on them, thankfully
we have the river water as back up if taps fail!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
really cold, forecast is for a dump of snow overnight. OH is thrilled, he loves romping about in the snow in various gigantic vehicles. I hate it, so inconvenient.

SEL

Visit site
Car showed minus 6 at 7am and dropped to minus 8 at one point on my 15 min journey. Water buckets in the stables were slushy and the ones in the field were solid. Snow forecast tonight which I'm dreading - its going to land on top of ice :mad:

Antw23uk

Visit site
No snow, its rather lovely here today with bright blue skies and a hard frost. Car read -7 on the way to work which means my rugging plan to rug at _5 and below is out the window because both ponies where fine this morning, lol! Friday is supposed to be rather gloomy for us this week in Bucks!

Oh ... SEL ... snap :)

Reactions: SEL

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
A light covering of snow which is now frozen, with freezing fog which I am hoping will burn off later, as apparently there is glorious sunshine just a little higher up the hill

Pc2003

Visit site
-7 at the yard at 7am this morning. Had to pull over half way as hit an area of thick freezing fog and my windscreen froze instantly. All the water buckets were frozen solid as were the stable door bolts
Not as slippery as yesterday as drier, managed to get the horses out. To snow heavy overnight apparently.

J_sarahd

Visit site
No snow, thankfully. But it’s icy everywhere. Sun is out now, which is nice but I can’t ride until 6.30pm and if the school is anything like yesterday (frozen surface water), Badger will end up having another day off! It’s like Mother Nature doesn’t care we have our first dressage competition on Sunday!

scats

Visit site
Ive not had a chance to ride since last Friday, the weather has been so bad here. I did manage to lunge at the start of the week for a leg stretch but nothing since.
I’ve got another kidney infection so back on antibiotics and trying to be sensible and not be out in the cold too much.
Roll on normal life!

Merrymoles

Visit site
Freezing fog here too - minus 5 when I got back from the yard this morning. Everything frozen, including water buckets in feed room, kitchen and stables. There was an accident on my way to the yard - whether due to the fog or ice I don't know!

I am now officially sick of spending half an hour waiting for my car to defrost at 6.30am every morning, although this morning I did take a cup of tea out with me and sat messaging fieldmate's owner which made it pass a bit quicker.

Now hoping the fog lifts so that at least one tap will thaw out for tonight!

SEL

Visit site
-12C at house last night, ponies somewhat higher up so might have been colder there-have only seen them this frosty in 2010 when temp was -16C, very frosty
View attachment 29291
Big M was in last night otherwise he'd have had the frosted look too!!

I felt really guilty I hadn't rugged him when I saw the minus 8 on the car this morning (yup - even though he was in a stable). Rocked up to find a very fluffed up, but completely not-at-all-bothered Ardennes waiting for his breakfast. He was more annoyed that his grass had disappeared under frozen white stuff so promptly rolled = defrosted grass.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Big M was in last night otherwise he'd have had the frosted look too!!

I felt really guilty I hadn't rugged him when I saw the minus 8 on the car this morning (yup - even though he was in a stable). Rocked up to find a very fluffed up, but completely not-at-all-bothered Ardennes waiting for his breakfast. He was more annoyed that his grass had disappeared under frozen white stuff so promptly rolled = defrosted grass.

tbh the only thing that worries me in -12C is the lack of water, their trough was frozen solid and the burn is freeze-dried so I will probably bring them in tonight although expect its more for my benefit than theirs! they had a nice sloppy feed this morning.

TreeDog

Visit site
Forecast to snow tonight here in Hertfordshire. I'd like it to snow enough that l get to work from home, but not so much that I can't get to the yard!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
MOC - that shows that their own natural insulation is working well! All of mine were like that this morning too!

It was -7 at work thisnmornibg, dipped to -8 at day break but its ok now, +3!

Oh I know 😀 but my mother doesn’t believe me and wants to call the sspca on me 🙄.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Snow still lying from previous fall. Roads very icy above us, not so bad below and main roads clear at the moment. Sunny this morning after early fog. The sky is darkening now so I am ready to bring horse in as soon as it snows as the track to the field is very icy and I don’t want to lead her in during a snowstorm.
Tap is frozen and water in buckets left in the tack room last night were frozen 1” on top. I will have to carry water down to the stable from the house. I have tried the hose from house to stable but where it lies on the snow covered grass it freezes.
I haven’t ridden since Monday and looking at the forecast it seems I may not be able to go again until after the weekend.