How All round is your all-rounder?

Britestar

Visit site
Just a bit of a big up to my little lad, and his desire to do anything I ask of him.

Last Sunday, off to local show centre to take part in Elem dressage. Got a 2nd and a 1st, with good mid 60's scores.

Wednesday, back to same place in the evening, and takes part in their 'games' night. Wins all bar one of the games (kinda embarassing, I'm not that competative) evening winds up with a chase-me-charlie - I didn't know that was on the cards as never actually read the schedule! Jump 1.15m before mother bottles it, happy to take a 2nd in that ;)

Today, off to an XC course to acts a 'nanny' to chums baby horse and introduce her to the joy of natural fences (she was a total dude, and jumped everything). He himself had not seen an XC fence for 18 months, and at that time was doing BE 100's (and still would if mum wasn't such a wimp).

He really will turn his hoof to anything, and I love him :) :)

No pics, as I fly solo most of the time.

ecrozier

Visit site
Lol love it - J is so like that, he will win a novice test for me, nanny a complete dressage beginner round a prelim, have my 9 year old half sister-in-law canter and jump for the first time over a 6 inch cross pole, then jump 1.10 in yard chase me Charlie the next day - he also LOVES mounted games, and will do xc all day.
Ok he may never be a world beater or go eventing over 1m, but he's a superstar all the same!

JFTDWS

Visit site
He sounds like a proper legend :D

my highland (who I still regard as a young, inexperienced beast at rising 6) is expected to alternate between dressage (not above novice yet as I'm rubbish), jumping, xc, horseball, showing, mounted games, TREC and anything else that takes my fancy :eek: Just makes us jacks of all trades and far from masters of any...

He's only schooling over grids/short courses between 80-1.05 sj and maybe hitting the odd 90 fence xc schooling - not competitive at either really, have yet to make a county level debut in the show ring or do a full TREC - though he's competitive at winter league TRECs. First horseball ODE is next weekend. He did however win his first gymkhana champion last year though :eek:

Nailed

Visit site
My all rounder is mint at everything except catering when doing flat work.. lol
She will canter perfect xcountry and jumping but is an ass when on the flat lol

Lou x