How are your fields looking?

LeneHorse

Visit site
There are ducks in mine! Alf has been chasing them!

We have ducks too - and a heron!!! We have a boggy patch in the back field which is usually a pond in the winter. This summer it has never dried out and now has it's own resident heron. I assume its eating frogs not fish but who knows?

The fields are muddier than in the winter (serious west of scotland mud) and there's too much grass so I have a filthy porker pony. No funny as she has Cushings and weight gain is a real no no. My management routine of in during the day/out at night usually works but I'm not happy with how she's looking this summer. :(

D66

Visit site
OUrs are soggy but at least we have some grass at last. I taped off and reseeded the poached areas and that has grown well, better than I expected. The winter field is growing back since that was well and truly trashed in April.

windseywoo

Visit site
Grass doing really well, however my muck heap has turned into a lake, the stables have been flooded twice in the past two weeks and the gateways could hide a crocodile in as that muddy. Horses are all hooligans and like to trash the field, so the ground looks like someone has been (badly) playing golf!!

jj1966

Visit site
Hold on to your rain hats in the south west its coming again! 12 hrs worth of constant I would say at the moment.
My paddocks are trashed! no grass and the ground is so soaked when you do get a deluge you splash around in it in the grazing areas, last weeks was at least an inch in depth on top of grass - my paddocks are level so they dont drain well. Pig sick of it all, and so are my girls, they hate being in.

Ella19

Visit site
mine seems to be completely oposite to most dry as it's on sand and bare! Neither my rested or unrested paddock is growing!!

winchester

Visit site
Like a jungle -but wet under foot.... and when they gallop over to see you and put the brakes on they just slide right in to you taking all the top soil with them and leaving nice skid marks across the field!

Mariposa

Visit site
Like a jungle -but wet under foot.... and when they gallop over to see you and put the brakes on they just slide right in to you taking all the top soil with them and leaving nice skid marks across the field!

Same here! Very long grass....very wet underneath!