How big a bed?

tankgirl1

Visit site
Pony is in a 10x10 stable. Needs dust free bedding (see my previous thread), just pulled all her matting out and disinfected the stable today, and it was disgusting under the mats. Considering not putting them down again, as they don't fit properly so wee gets everywhere, but then obviously she'd need a bigger bed. Got some bliss bedding to go down, how many bales do you think it would take to create a deep enough bed for her? I was thinking about 5?

Thanks in advance

chaps89

Visit site
I have a 15 x 10 stable, bed covers about 12 x 10 area.
Stable has mats, my bed is about a foot deep so a good size but not as deep as I would do if there weren't any mats.
I used 6 bags of bedding to set my bed up.
You have a smaller area to do but want it deeper so I'd have thought 5 would be about right? If it looks too much you don't need to keep adding any more in anyway!

tankgirl1

Visit site
I have a 15 x 10 stable, bed covers about 12 x 10 area.
Stable has mats, my bed is about a foot deep so a good size but not as deep as I would do if there weren't any mats.
I used 6 bags of bedding to set my bed up.
You have a smaller area to do but want it deeper so I'd have thought 5 would be about right? If it looks too much you don't need to keep adding any more in anyway!

Thanks, I have 3 bales (all I could fit in my car), going to the feed shop again tomorrow, think I'll get another 3 just in case 5 looks a bit stingy without mats

tankgirl1

Visit site
i know you have made the bed but you could put mats across the front only where there is no bed, just nicer for them to stand on rather than bare concrete..

Yes I could do, maybe one smaller mat where she stands to eat her hay? There's one small enough that I could lift it back every few days to clean under it. Good idea Thankyou :)