How big might he get?

MrsNorris

Visit site
I'm interested in a 2 year old gypsy cob who is 14hh now, his sire is 13.3hh, don't know how big his dam is. What are the chances that he will get to 15hh? I've seen pictures and can't get him out of my head for some reason, but I don't want to view unless there's a good chance that he'll make the height. What do we think, yay or nay. I know nothing about gypsy cobs, only that the good ones are stunning to look at! He's San Cler bred.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Thanks both, so there is hope then, next problem, he's a colt, is it too late in the year to geld now? Flies are already appearing round here.
And how long after gelding could he go out with mares safely? I'm guessing about a week, but have no real idea.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
It's a cr£p shoot when you only know the parentage of one - my Sec D was 13h3 at 18m - he's 14h1 at 6, my suffolk x was 13h3 at 11m and is now nearly 16h at 2.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Hmm, have tried to find out height of dam, vendor doesn't know, I have found her listed in a sales catalogue on-line, but it doesn't state her height. Anyone got any bright ideas? Have looked for her on the All pedigrees website to, but she's not listed.