How can I trace my IDxTb mares breeding?

Three

Visit site
Anyone any ideas how I can trace my mares breeding?

I know she was bought from the Cavan Centre but when I contacted them their records don't go back far enough.

This is her.

Millie-Sept05-1.jpg

She has lots of very distinctive whorls (both long ones and more usual round ones) which she has passed onto her daughter.

Other than that (and the fact she's a brilliant all-rounder) I don't know of anything distinctive about her to give me a clue where to start looking.

Magicmadge

Visit site
i wish i could trace my mares too. She too is an ID possibly with some TB this is her
mag1.jpg

2009_0507jasmine0011-1.jpg

Did your horse come over from Ireland? mine came over in 1996 as a 4 year old from a Mr Connor or Connors from the Pallas stud in Waterford. I tied to write to them but got no reply someone told me they may have just been a dealer though. Any lead is worth following up though if you have any names or dam /sire names.

Swallow00

Visit site
Anyone any ideas how I can trace my mares breeding?

I know she was bought from the Cavan Centre but when I contacted them their records don't go back far enough.

This is her.

Millie-Sept05-1.jpg

She has lots of very distinctive whorls (both long ones and more usual round ones) which she has passed onto her daughter.

Other than that (and the fact she's a brilliant all-rounder) I don't know of anything distinctive about her to give me a clue where to start looking.

She is well made and a good looking horse. Colin Diamond is owned by the McDonnell and he stands just outside Nenagh in Co Tipperary. The McDonnells own a number of stallions and it is quiet possible that they bred your horse. If this is not the case they should be able to give you information as to who owns your mares dam, as over here a lot of stud farms follow up on the foals shortly after been born. The McDonnells also compete in showjumping. Contact William McDonnell 353 86-8064651, if needs be I should be able to retrieve a landline number.

hilly

Visit site
HI sorry but you are getting the 2 different pallas studs mixed up the macdonalds stand colin diamond and believe me they are far from waterford.

Wot she said. :)

The grey mare (lovely model in second pic btw,) came from Pallas Stud, which was owned by the late Mick Connors, (father of showjumper Francis), who passed away *I think* 4 years ago. There's dealers and there's 'dealers' and Mick dealt in everything from showjumpers to Royal Household Cavalry remounts. Not sure when you contacted them or what details his family might still have as they sold a lot of horses!

The other Pallas Stud is miles away in Nenagh so wouldn't know about your mare's background.

FWIW, she definitely looks like a TB x ID cross and I would be very surprised if there wasn't some Ben Purple or Blue Peter lurking in her family tree.

The OP's baby mare - funnily enough, first thing I thought seeing her pic was Flagmount Diamond and then saw she came through Cavan sales which isn't a million miles away from where he stood. Definitely a good dollop of Draught with those short cannons and 'sensible shoes' hooves. :) All hypothetical gueswork though and as both ladies were foaled before 2001 before micro-chipping became compulsory, afraid it's going to be very difficult to trace their backgrounds. :eek:

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
i wish i could trace my mares too. She too is an ID possibly with some TB this is her
mag1.jpg

2009_0507jasmine0011-1.jpg

Did your horse come over from Ireland? mine came over in 1996 as a 4 year old from a Mr Connor or Connors from the Pallas stud in Waterford. I tied to write to them but got no reply someone told me they may have just been a dealer though. Any lead is worth following up though if you have any names or dam /sire names.

Have you looked at the owners list?

http://www.irishsporthorse.com/_fil...006Part5_2cb80b99b9eac0ff1a5f86d00688e86c.pdf
Connors Cutting, Helen, C/O Pallad Stud, Woodstown, Co Waterford. PALLAS SALLY (ISH).
Connors, Gillian, Pallas Stud, Woodstown, Waterford. ARDENNE (ISH), KILCOP LADY (ISH),
PALLAS PROBLEM (ISH)

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Reply went before I had finished. I think you can rule out PALLAS PROBLEM as there is no listing of her foaling in 1992, KILCOP LADY had a grey colt by Fujiwara in 1992 & Ardenne was born 2000