How do I find out what saddle I have?

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
I know I sound like an idiot but I'm trying to figure out exactly what saddle I have. It's a synthetic Wintec dressage saddle with Cair and I have a receipt for a saddle that sounds exactly like it but here lies the problem, my current saddle is also a synthetic Wintec with Cair and I can't remember which is which! They are both the same size (17" wide) but I thought the one I'm pondering about was an Isabell. It doesn't have anything on it to say that it is so perhaps I have got that wrong? Is anyone good at 'saddle identification'? Any help would be most welcome thank you :)

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks LC :) It looks exactly like that but it doesn't say 'Isabell' anywhere which is what's making me think it's a Dressage Pro. I've sent an enquiry to Bates now so, hopefully, they'll let me know.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Bates have replied already which is impressive! It turns out I have both an Isabell and a Dressage Pro :DI wish they both fitted my mare but the Isabell really doesn’t suit her. I bought it for a horse I no longer own and it was my comfiest saddle of all time :confused:

Northern

Visit site
Thanks everyone. Bates have replied already which is impressive! It turns out I have both an Isabell and a Dressage Pro :DI wish they both fitted my mare but the Isabell really doesn’t suit her. I bought it for a horse I no longer own and it was my comfiest saddle of all time :confused:

That was quick! :D I've only ever ridden in a Bates Isabel, loved it, I think it was one of the very old ones though.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
The Pro is much nicer than the Isabell imo ?

The Pro is my 'everyday' saddle and I really like it or at least I did when I was still riding but the Isabell was for comps and it really made me sit up! For some reason I have a very upright posture on a horse (in total contrast to my slouching shoulders when I'm not on a horse) and the Isabell just felt like sitting in a comfy chair, ha ha :p

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
That was quick! :D I've only ever ridden in a Bates Isabel, loved it, I think it was one of the very old ones though.

It was amazingly quick :D Yes, I had a horse who went so well in that saddle but my smaller mare was just the wrong shape altogether so the saddle has been sitting in the spare room for ages just in case I ever bought another horse that it would fit. I've had to accept that I won't be buying another now I've got three that I can't ride :oops: