How do I get written proof of horses sire?!!

Spowkie

Visit site
Default Washington Postman ....Event Stallion
Hi folks, hoping someone can help me. I have a 5 yr old sport horse that the breeder tells me is by this stallion (out of one of her event mares). I have no reason to disbelieve her as she is a friend of a mutual friend. However, the Dam & Sire on his British Sport Horse Society passport is down as unrecorded. When I questioned this, the breeder told me that it was unrecorded because she didn't obtain a covering certificate.
My question is, is there any way I can get proof that Washington Postman is his sire? Does anyone have the contact details of his owner? Is DNA testing a possibility? (Will WP DNA already be on file?)
Thanks in advance for any info!

stormox

Visit site
If WP has been DNA tested, you can check this with whichever society he is reg with, then if you get a DNA test done on your horse by weatherbys you can then get proof of sire. If WP hasnt been DNA tested, you will be unlikely to obtain the proof needed, unless the owner gets his DNA recorded. However WP was born in 1991 so he may well be be deceased by now.

amage

Visit site
Usually a covering cert is issued on payment for the covering so perhaps that is why they never got one. You could contact the stallion owners but if this is the case then be warned they may refuse to issue the cert until the fee is paid. Which organisation issued the passport and which stud book is the stallion listed in?

Spowkie

Visit site
Hi, i am struggling to find WP owners details. He is now sadly deceased. My horse is registered with the British Sport Horse Society. x