How do I persuade my horse to take it easy?

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
Any ideas please? My mare has just had her hind fetlocks injected and is supposed to be on box rest for two days. However if you keep her in when any of her friends are out she box walks (and box canters) and kicks seven bells out of her box walls. You can give her company but unless ALL her mates are in she gets so stressed she can't cope. Tying up stops her kicking, but she scampers about and I suspect that does just as much damage to the joints she is supposed to be resting.

So vet and I agreed that we would try a box-sized, electric-fenced paddock right by her mates so that she can see them and eat the generous amounts of grass currently available. That did not work well - she jumped out of the paddock from a standstill (I didn't know she even jumped that high) and careered off.

In the end I turned her out in a small (but much bigger than box-sized) paddock with one of her mates. It wasn't ideal but at least she wasn't jumping out or hooning about. Tomorrow we are trying Sedalin and a small paddock with one friend.

Anyone got any ideas for a better way to keep her chilled and stationary for a couple of days without tying her legs together, please?