How do I stop her grazing?!!!!

amy_b

Visit site
HELP!!! I have a small breeds lurcher, she has a good appetite for a lurcher.

She grazes, I mean she eats anything and everything that her little snout comes across. poo (any kind, not fussy) edible stuff, non edible stuff, so far (furiously touches wood) nothing major or dangerous, no chewing around the house but I can't stop her! I have had countless dogs and inevitably they eat poo and I tell them not to and they learn that that is naughty (and do it behind my back) but this one!!!! When out of reach she will constantly eat dirt, grass, poo, ANYTHING!!!!! And she does it after her dinner even, she tells me she has had enough to eat, we go for a walk and she eats poo. this makes me mad!

I have her well trained to give and often take stuff that she finds off her, like hoof, then give her it back so that I CAN get something off her that is dangerous but usually she has swallowed it before I even know about...!

I need ideas or at least moral support!!!!

Gladioli

Visit site
I have a lurcher like this, and in order to walk her safely off lead I would always muzzle her. Otherwise she would eat everything and anything and be so quick at it that it would be down her gullet before you could even contemplate moving. She even sometimes gets to things whilst on the lead. The best she has tried to snaffle so far is a whole kebab.... I did get most of it off her though.

moppett

Visit site
my dogs are the same! funnily enough they're pointy faces as well! one of mine had necked a happy meals abandoned on the pavement before I had a chance to grab her! I shouted NO! which is usually their dead stop command and she just necked it even quicker (she was a starving stray at one point and despite being a bin on stick legs still eats anything!) the others are just as bad with eating stuff to the point it became a whole months training focus teaching them not to gutter dive for apple cores, poo, sandwich crusts when walking on the pavement. One of mine LOVE wood with a passion - I've had to move the kindling basket for the fire but even on a walk will stop to gnaw at a tree