How do they get their manes so straight?? SJ's on Olympia

milliepup

Visit site
This probably sounds daft to some people but how on earth do the showjumpers on last nights Olympia get their horses manes so straight?? My horse has a mane that just stands straight up no matter what I try and do with it.
I mayy be stupid but it looks like they must use staightening irons!

jcberry

Visit site
I wandered that too!! looks like they straightened it!!
laugh.gif

lorenababbit

Visit site
and i am afraid to say, hair straighters! Alot ot the manes finished off with scissors to get that just coffured look but how early do those grooms get up to do all that stuff. i cant even do my own hair in less than an hour!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I have to say, after working with SJ'ers over part of the summer none of them wore neck rugs (in fact they wore no rugs!) and they're manes were just naturally straight. ASBO horses mane used to be a bugger and half of it would lie one side of her neck and the other half laid on the other side and it usually stuck up, now after lots of cutting and combing it's starting to lie flat with minimal effort from me
grin.gif

k9h

Visit site
I use to work for John Popley & we use to scissor the hair never had a neck rug on the yard. Always plaited for outside show & only Luidam got plaited for every show!!
They were naturally straight!!

Rosyryan

Visit site
I used to wonder that too, we lived in Germany for five years ans finally found out that 1 way is to clip really close under the mane, thay seem to clip through the year, plus a hot brush and Elnett hairspray!! It is also common for horses to have their docks clipped, pulling is not generally used, but scissors held vertically and the mane snipped in very small pieces, also a wide bridle-path, it does look nice on a horse with a well-muscled neck,in most cases that is!

Rambo

Visit site
Hehe...It's easy really....

Scissor the mane to the length you want....then pull it to remove the thickness
wink.gif
You get a pulled look with a straight finish
shocked.gif

clipclop

Visit site
OK, so this is my plan for this coming season for my horse, who is a fuzz head.

It's all "GHD's" "Products" "Scissors" and "Pulling"??

I need to get my hair dresser round to give me some top tips. She gets my hair lovely and sleek (She doesn't pull mind)!!
smile.gif

debbielinder

Visit site
bloody neck covers got my mare rug with neck cover on her once fairly straight but all on one side mane is no half on the wrong side half sticking up and rather thinner than it was