How do you battle your nerves at competitions?

Janette

Visit site
Equimins Serenity capsules and liquid. Also, Kalms/ rescue Remedy... (I love the ingredients list on the side - distilled grape alcohol....That's brandy as far as I'm aware) However, this last season, I found that I could get into the ring/arena and actually enjoy the experience without my 'chemical crutches'.
wink.gif

ernikins

Visit site
I take Rescue remedy and also a homeopathic tablet called argent nit - it is for anxiety - I dunno how well it all works but I managed to go XC on sunday without feeling sick!! Maybe it is all phsychological but makes me feel like I have done something!!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I get very worked up before dressage. I get very slightly nervous before the XC but I think thats a good thing. SJ wise I only get a bit nervous if the course is particularily bigger than we usually do but I just make sure when I walk the course I dont actually look at any of the fences! I walk out the striding and know where Im going but thats it. I used to stand and look at each fence which then made me notice the height / difficulty which then made me get a little nervous! Nowadays, Im far better about it all. Like I said, the only thing I really HATE and get SO nervous about is bloomin' dressage. But then, Im no good at it so thats probably why! I am VERY happy when Im leaving the arena and its onto the fun jumping bits!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I've never been able to, and as a result stopped competing all together. I did do a a big show in the summer and actually once I got on the horse my nerves disappeared alltogether. Such a wonderful animal though, she just fills me with confidence.

I find the nerves thing creeping in to things like hunting now though - which is just awful, and I'm determined not to let it get the better of me!!!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif