How do you know your horse loves jumping.........

Pidge

Visit site
When you loose school him and he jumps a fence at B gets to the end of the school turns round and jumps it again rather than going right round the school
grin.gif
and keeps on doing it with no encouragement from mum whatsoever!
How do you know your horse loves his/her jumping?

monica123

Visit site
well when my pony gets into a field/school with jumps, she gets a bit hyper and sweaty
tongue.gif
even though she does stop sometimes but she charges into them so i try and astop, head comes up, cant see fence hence the stopping

Skhosu

Visit site
I can't loose jump him, but I do lunge jump him and he pops himself over 1.45 with ease, not even thinking about hesitating!
(he pops the school fence if I even let him trot loose! -not good when there is a ditch on the other side round the part he jumps out!)

EllieBeast

Visit site
When she has jumps left up in her turnout field and takes it upon herself to jump them over and over again! (she even forsake hay for it
blush.gif
) soon removed those!

Pidge

Visit site
sounds like there's lots of horses that love their jumping! Pidge gets so excited when riding him over jumps I call him my cruise missile - point and steer basically, plus in the summer I broke a bone in my hand when jumping at a show as he was pulling like a steam train
tongue.gif

jayvee

Visit site
loose in the school, Georgie does the wall of death! Dunno why but she does. And I have to try and slow her down rather than chase her on! lol.
When jumping ridden she gets bloody keen and pulls you in to the jump, she certainly seems to 'light up'. I believe she loves it.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Oh and osca gets in full sweat at the thought of take off... smallest cross pole in the school
crazy.gif
, extanded canter turning on a six pence.... lines his little self up and leaps into the air...
smirk.gif
25 and still hasn't relised he isnt going to fly any time soon
blush.gif
grin.gif
... bless him... Oh forget to say thats with no aid from a rider!
shocked.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
I am not entirely sure either of mine "love" jumping. Sky enjoys it once he gets over that initial confidence thing. I think Chance is a bit indifferent, he never stops or is naughty, but he just isn't really that bothered, half the time I think he just sees it as something that gets in the way of him going from a to b.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
how about the time I let Harry out into the field with a few showjumps in (only about 2"3ft) and he was getting abit wound up as my sisters mare was in field next door. He then goes and jumps all 4 of the showjumps! (he didnt have to!) the silly buggar
tongue.gif

KateStartin

Visit site
Mine does the loose jumping thing, stops after fence turns and jumps from other direction if he can and also if there is a fence in the school he is constantly very calmly trying to line himself up for it!!!

Hattikins

Visit site
you know your horse enjoys or finds jumping easy/natural when it spooks in its field and trots in the direction of the quickest exit route, realises either a 5 bar gate or a 1.20m electric fence is in the way and just cleanly pops it and carries on eating on the other side!!!!!!
blush.gif
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Oops, yes had forgot about that, he is very much a mummies boy
blush.gif
he had a cricket round score when the judge took him round the 2'6" course, I had never been so embarrased in my life
blush.gif
the month before we went clear bar a stop at the pink pigs fence. Worse thing was the judge is a far far better rider jumping than me, but Pidge is obviously a one woman horse
grin.gif

vickers22

Visit site
I know a pony that had been around the 2'9'' already once that day, and when he went in for the 3'3'' he promptly chucked his rider and continued to do the whole course IN ORDER by himself
shocked.gif
. No joke, I saw it happen
ooo.gif
!!!My boy would jump all day if he had half a chance!!
tongue.gif

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Because everytime I school I spend the whole time trying to get him to concentrate and not look at the fences at the other end of the menage! Everytime you turn on a line which could lead to a fence his ears prick up and you can feel him setting himself up. Out hacking he loves going up the woods where there are lots of fallen trees, on holiday where there was a choice of three height fences in a row he always tried to go for the big one
grin.gif

WelshRareBit

Visit site
I can tell Murphy enjoys it cos he pulls my hands off and he'll jump anything - I dont thnk you could get a horse that didnt want to jump-to jump (confuddling lol)
And look at his face in my siggy, we are out XC - he loves it
xx

Kezza

Visit site
because he drags me towards jumps all the time and I have been caught out before and almost jumped a wing! He will also jump one of those plastic triangular things you use for putting poly jump poles on with little encouragement and they are 3ft high and he is an ickle 13.2hh ...