How do you load a horse into a horse box

Ish2020

Visit site
I now this is a stupid question but when I got my horse the old owner transported my mare for me. My current yard that had a lot of shows so I didn’t have to travel but unfortunately I have to move to a new yard. my friend is going to help me since it’s his box . But I never actually loaded a horse into a horse box. I have a basic idea on how to do it but I now it can be dangerous if you load wrong. Do you have any tips.

windand rain

Visit site
if your horse leads well you simply walk in and it should follow. Into a lorry you will have a steeper ramp but lots more room in a trailer less steep ramp but much less room
Dont stop at the bottom of the ramp and make sure you are all settled and the ramp up before you leave her

be positive

Visit site
As your friend probably has more experience I would let them lead her in this time, horses take confidence from someone who knows what they are doing, can position themselves in the right place to allow the horse room to go on but still able to remain in control, a handler getting in the way or hesitating at the wrong moment can make an easy horse question what is going on.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You've put this is the place for stolen vehicles and horses. try in Tack Room and you will probably get more answers.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Open ramp, tell horse "up you go", job done.

Mine are self loaders so I don't have an issue but would let an experienced person show you how to load safely. Hat, gloves and decent footwear for tricky loaders.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
On the odd occasion I have to get really tough and add a “what the hell are you doing? Get on”...... only if things are really bad though ?

Bob notacob

Visit site
Inadvertantly got involved in a broken down horse box rescue .Knew the pony was a sheite . Was totally relieved when the rescuer was a guy called Victor Gache ,. Suddenly my problems fell away. I watched a master load the said sheite. Total calm . I think even "domino" was impressed.