How do you move your large bale haylage?

kit279

Visit site
I have about 12 old bales of haylage from the last two years that need to be moved into a different part of the field as they have gone off. What does everyone use to move their large bales? We want to hire something to move them as doing it ourselves without the proper equipment is a real slog but when we're not sure what the best equipment is and there is a bewildering array of machinery available out there!

Any advice welcome!

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
If too far to roll yourselves maybe ask the supplier of it or a local farmer to come out with a tractor and grabber. Won't take them long to move. Will probably be cheaper than hiring something?

rowan666

Visit site
we roll ours into field, takes two of us (or one strong guy) over the bumpy bits of ground and to manuvre around trees and gates lol but its perfectly do-able unless your talking miles away!

sport horse

Visit site
When you say they have 'gone off' do you mean you will not be feeding them to horses? If so find your nearest cattle farmer and offer them to him for free if he can collect them. I have a great arrangement like this with my neighbour and sometimes I get lucky and get a big bale of hay in exchange! The cows seem to love 'gone off' haylage!!