How do you rabbit proof fence the gates of an arena?

kit279

Visit site
We have quite a lot of rabbits who currently appear to be burrowing into the arena and we are going to put up some rabbit fencing around the arena. However, I'm not sure how we are going to do the gates - they look like this:-

E8BA56A5-1AE6-4B8F-94C0-1B29CDA01416_zpsvcb41xqo.jpg

How do you fence this bit? Do you let the fencing trail underneath? Any suggestions welcome!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ahh, those pesky bunnies. We had the same problem. OH made a lean to wooden infill, like a continuation of the kick boards, which clips into place across the gateway. It's made of a backing frame fronted with tongue and groove boards. It's light enough for me to be able to move it singlehandedly, it has a plaited baler twine grab handle. The arena is kept boarded up unless it is in use, when I prop the infill up in the corner. You can still open the gate outwards whilst it is place, but not inwards.

Our kickboards are taller than yours, though (4 boards high) as we have a leaning fence design.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Ahh, those pesky bunnies. We had the same problem. OH made a lean to wooden infill, like a continuation of the kick boards, which clips into place across the gateway. It's made of a backing frame fronted with tongue and groove boards. It's light enough for me to be able to move it singlehandedly, it has a plaited baler twine grab handle. The arena is kept boarded up unless it is in use, when I prop the infill up in the corner. You can still open the gate outwards whilst it is place, but not inwards.

Our kickboards are taller than yours, though (4 boards high) as we have a leaning fence design.

I had something similar and TBH most of the time we just stepped over the board to get in and out but we could lift it out if we wanted. I also used plaited baling twine but I couldn't easily move mine on my own.