How do you secure your Ariat Grasmere laces?

Kingypops

New User
Visit site
Hi

First post. I have just bought my gorgeous pair of Ariat Grasmeres and wore them for the first time on Saturday.

Now I ended up getting slightly annoyed at working out what do you do with the excess lace once you have tightened the toggles?

I have tried a a normal bow and they fall out, i have tried running the lace in side the weaved laces and it looks ****!

So if you have find a good way to secure them please let me know!

Thanx

hunteress

Visit site
hiya they should have a little toggle like thing with a spring in it to pull up and hold tight then I just cut mine down.

nemo_

Visit site
First... Welcome to the forum! :D
I had the same problem with my grasmeres! Once I've done the toggle up, I scrunch the excess lace up and stick it in the top of the boot and then do the velcro strap up. Not really noticable and can't feel it as the lace just sits in the folded bit of suede behind the velcro. If that makes sense? Hope you find a solution! :)

xloopylozzax

Visit site
i do like a loop knot with the excess lace once tight, then stick it under the other laces for the lower bit and inside under the velcro for the top one.

doesnt look too bad!

Kingypops

New User
Visit site
Thanx for the suggestions I get you when you say the top group of laces can be tucked into the velco flap at the top. I will see about double bows for the bottom ones.

Thanx again!! Kingypops

Kingypops

New User
Visit site
After doing quite abit of research I ralised that although they cost a fortune you do get what you pay for. I do indeed love them! I did imagine I got them for everything, bringing the horse in from the muddy field, mucking out, riding, pub, walks, shopping - everything!!!

Now I have them and they are just so gorgeous I don't want to mess them up and so thinking more just riding and nice things like shopping and pub. I might just suffer the cold in my wellies for the messy, wet dirty jobs!!!!

What do you do in yours? Do they hold up to the abuse of the above?

catdragon

Visit site
i do like a loop knot with the excess lace once tight, then stick it under the other laces for the lower bit and inside under the velcro for the top one.

doesnt look too bad!

Same as me, pull the bottom toggles tight. Make a looped knot and then took the loop inside the the upper laces, pull the top toggle, lace up and then tuck the bow under the velcro at the top. 2 years on, boots still look great. I wouldn't recommend cutting excessive lace off as you may well have to keep re-lacing them when you loosen them to remove.

I wear mine for everything ! Have re-waxed them once (6 months ago) not because they leaked but because I thought I ought to ! Keeping them clean- if heavily dirty-the hose to wash it off followed by just a wipe over with luke warm water and a J cloth, they come up brilliantly.

I love my grassmeres :D

Last edited:

ponygirl1

Visit site
I live in mine as soon as it gets a little bit cold, same as everyones else, getting in, mucking out, riding, tescos shopping lol, they are so so comfy and well worth the money.

Kingypops

New User
Visit site
Thanx for the info. You know when you get them covered in thick mud or poo or whatever how do you get it off? I would usually just use the yard hose and a groom brush?

But surely that wouldn't be good for the suede leather sections - they must get trashed?!!!

K27

Visit site
Ha ha, I just tie my laces in double bows, so much so that I've got knots all down the laces! every time I go into my youngsters stable he makes a beeline for the laces which he likes to chew on and tug!

I've had mine for about 3 yrs and I've worn them nearly every day (even in the summer!)

Mine are on their last legs now, theres gaps around the sole, so am going to buy a new pair of either Grasmeres or the Arctic Tall boots at the weekend- although they are a lot of money I think they are well worth it as they are so comfortable and last for ages!

xloopylozzax

Visit site
honestly, mine are purely for posing :eek: i've ridden in them at competitions to warm up and to walk round in and occasionally to the sales but thats about it. they arent allowed at the yard for everyday stuff!

levishamsmiths

New User
Visit site
I know this thread is a while ago but hey ho. With my Ariat boots I moved the bottom laces to the top and put shoe length laces at the bottom - problem solved!