How far to travel to view?

majors

Visit site
Hi, how far do you all travel to view horses? I live in Cornwall and can't find anything closer than Somerset. The thought of finding vets etc fills me with dread! Any experiences appreciated

WelshD

Visit site
I drove 120 miles for my last one but I didnt get him vetted, I bought him ahead on the strength of photos and pedigree so just had to travel once to collect him

I would however travel most of the country for a horse I wanted but would ask for videos etc before making that decision to travel. Vets are easy to find, I would make a point of using one not used by the seller though. With the internet and smartphones with photo.video capabilities the world is really quite small these days

PorkChop

Visit site
I wouldn't have a limit! That would include going abroad, however I realise it is dependent on budget and type of horse :)

My daughter just flew from Scotland to Cornwall recently to try a horse!

majors

Visit site
I hope it was successful, its more time we run a business, so not working is not earning. I think I am looking for what everbody else is that's the trouble but after six months I am getting frustrated!!:)

Mongoose11

Visit site
I went 300 miles for one and combined it with a weekend away. The horse was an absolute donkey and I knew within 30 seconds that she wasn't the one :(

Cowpony

Visit site
I went from Berkshire to south Wales for mine. She'd been recommended by somebody I knew and tbh I only went because they had taken the trouble to enquire about her for me. Before that I had kept to adjoining counties but still travelled a fair bit.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
East Lothian to Pen Llyn (about an 8 hour, one way trip). Mind you, the last one was just north of Lisbon so I didn't bother with a viewing at all :D (a yearling-I wouldn't not try a backed horse).

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have done up to an 8 hour round trip, a few times, and mostly they have not been right :-(

This one I have just got, I spent about double what I wanted to, but he is lovely, and was about 2 hours away.