How hard can it be to commit a crime?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Well I've repeatedly searched for, stalked, flushed out and chased deer with four dogs, but still apparently according to Kal and LACs I haven't broken the law.

That must be good news to the hunts.

Apparently it's something to do with beingin the vicinity of the dogs.

This weekend I'll just let them bugger off if they catch sight of an animal. Will that count?

Trouble is they can run so much faster than me I'm ot sure I'll be able to chase the animal as well. I'll give it my best shot though.

You can't say I'm not trying to commit a crime, but it does seem to be damned hard to do so. Couldn't the government have a bit of sympathy and make it a bit easier?

Wish me luck!

Paul T

Visit site
No, you've repeatedly wandered through the undergrowth with your dogs in extremely close proximity to you. No wonder the police don't want to waste their time on you.

Paul T

Visit site
Giles assures us his are in control while they're with him.

Actually the point here is proximity in relation to the concept of the chase. As I've maintained, his dogs can hardly be chasing the deer if they're sticking close to him.

Hercules

Visit site
''Giles assures us his are in control while they're with him.''

Agreed, but what AA is doing is controlling/handling his dogs to flush deer.

4 dogs, no guns = non exempt hunting = illegal act.

Straightforward really mate.

Paul T

Visit site
No he claims, for the purposes of his self-promotion, that what he's doing is flushing out but it will be up to the courts to interpret what is flushing out under the Hunting Act.

Paul T

Visit site
But we've already established that dogs barking can move a quarry species from cover, but everyone (I think) is agreed that no court would interpret that as flushing out under the terms of the Hunting Act.

I agree, you really are simple.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
The courts have already decided what flushing out is. It is what I do. Look at the judgement in the Tony Wright case. Flushing out is to make an animal in cover start up like a startled bird and then run away.

It's as simple as that.

This weekend I'm going to let the dogs chase the deer without controlling them.

Hercules

Visit site
Karl mate, your breath would move a quarry species from cover, but that's not the point.

What is the point is that AA uses his dogs by means of movement to chase/flush the deer.

What do you consider a court's interpretation of flushing to be?

Paul T

Visit site
Great, so again we've established there's no need for him to use his dogs to remove deer from his land and that he's being disingenuous when he claims there is a need.

How can I know what they courts interpretation will be before they've made it? Whatever it is, it clearly isn't as simple as the defintion you provided. It wouldn't surprise me if there was the element of chase in any interpretation but we'll have to see.

Hercules

Visit site
''Great, so again we've established there's no need for him to use his dogs to remove deer from his land and that he's being disingenuous when he claims there is a need.''

But using his dogs may be the most efficient and effective way. And he is allowed to do so provided that he adheres to the guidelines.

Mate, have you ever even seen a deer other than in cartoons?

Paul T

Visit site
No, it doesn't take any great skill or ingenuity to humanely scare deer from land without the use of dogs. You just need a bit of sense.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
wandering through undergrowth with dogs is of course what hunts do.

The key component for a crime is intent.

If they intend to flush out a wild mammal then they are breaking the law.