How horses think

Cragrat

Visit site
interesting! thank you :)

Things i've learnt from this..
they have very well developed cerebellum and can learn 'motor memories'. This totally makes sense in so many ways

the sense of smell is the only sense linked directly to the brain - fascinating!

horses can 'feel oxytocin' so they can feel good (love?) if they feel safe

confirmation of their ability to mirror our stress (like duh, but interesting to have it scientifically confirmed)

Last edited:

Wishfilly

Visit site
An interesting and not to sciencey article on how horses think.

https://issuu.com/hqmagazine/docs/155b_hq_final/s/12710938

Very interesting! I have heard about the golf umbrella study before (or a similar one), but it is is fascinating to see all of this linked together. I also think the bit about young horses is very interesting.

I think a lot of this sort of confirms what many horse people believe, but it is nice to see scientific evidence!

Trouper

Visit site
It's very reassuring to have some scientific evidence of what we have always "suspected" about horse behaviour but have never really "known".
Thank you for posting this. Think it should be required reading for all new horse owners.;););)

Teajack

Visit site
Very interesting - thanks. However based on observation I am not convinced that some ponies don't possess a well developed frontal cortex ??.