How horsey is your area?

Meems

Visit site
I live in Battersea, south London. So the answer is not at all!

They did used to do pony rides in Battersea Park about 20 years ago, but not anymore. Also, more recently, they used to hold a harness parade in the park too but that's now been moved somewhere else.

It's rubbish *sigh*

Fransurrey

Visit site
Surrey Hills. We're overrun with the *******! I know the lake district quite well as I'm from the NW, and whilst it's walker heaven, quite a bit of it isn't accessible to riders and yes, the roads are narrow and hellish to drive on, never mind ride!

Highlands

Visit site
Very, good venues, Lincomb xc down the road, gracelandsequestriancentre , ring c,bus etc... Sadly horsey shops with a decent saddlery harder to find but still get one in Worcestershire

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Surrey Hills. We're overrun with the *******! I know the lake district quite well as I'm from the NW, and whilst it's walker heaven, quite a bit of it isn't accessible to riders and yes, the roads are narrow and hellish to drive on, never mind ride!

Oh yes, we took friend's 3 horses to her new home in our 7.5 ton lorry and as soon as we left the motorway, the roads were a nightmare. I remember saying to sister "this must be ok, it's a bus route" Ha, ha, not the case at all, we had to breathe in for the small bus that came towards us, on the main road, to get past - fortunately that was after we had unloaded and set off back home. The trouble was that one side of the road was immediately onto the lake, while the other side was a sheer cliff. Friend went for a hack when the horses had settled in and got stuck in a bog, frightening situation but fortunately the horses kept calm and all ended well.

Pie's mum

Visit site
Southern edge of Dartmoor between the moor and the South Hams. Very horsy, lots of livery yards. Sadly not the best for competition venues in easy reach although enough for the level we compete at. Beautiful hacking, miles of very quiet country lanes and of course the Moor.