How keen is the market for used trailers currently?

HorseMaid

Visit site
If you've sold your slightly older used trailer recently how much interest did you get? I know the change in the towing laws might make them more in demand but I'm finding this difficult to gauge from FB or Ebay. I'll be selling my trailer shortly and unsure what to price it at, although the money will be going towards a lorry so I want to get as much as possible/not underprice it!

Birker2020

Visit site
This is a pony trailer but the one that most resembles my trailer type, it fact I think its the same make (Bahill) just smaller in size and is why I printed it off so I have proof for the insurance company if ever mine gets stolen. But mines been regularly serviced and been repainted to a high quality so is worth probably more. I also have three other adverts I've printed off that are very similar and all around that price range and above, one is currently having work undertaken on it and is valued at £4,000.1641393568425.png

I'm Dun

Visit site
This is a pony trailer but the one that most resembles my trailer type, it fact I think its the same make (Bahill) just smaller in size and is why I printed it off so I have proof for the insurance company if ever mine gets stolen. But mines been regularly serviced and been repainted to a high quality so is worth probably more. I also have three other adverts I've printed off that are very similar and all around that price range and above, one is currently having work undertaken on it and is valued at £4,000.View attachment 85391

They arent selling for that though. Older Bahills are not popular. You can no longer get backplates etc for them. Theres a fair amount of other stuff thats obsolete on them. People do still buy them for conversion to bars etc.But they do it knowing they will replace the axles, at a cost of well over a grand.

I just paid £1200 for a cheval that needs the floor replacing. A decent brand older trailer with no obvious work and your looking at 2k give or take. Ifors hold their value well, so an older well looked after one will be more.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
They're going fast & for strong money from what I've seen whilst looking - the brand new Ifor HBX models I've seen going for more than the manufacturers price with no extras! :oops:

Birker2020

Visit site
They arent selling for that though. Older Bahills are not popular. You can no longer get backplates etc for them. Theres a fair amount of other stuff thats obsolete on them. People do still buy them for conversion to bars etc.But they do it knowing they will replace the axles, at a cost of well over a grand.

I just paid £1200 for a cheval that needs the floor replacing. A decent brand older trailer with no obvious work and your looking at 2k give or take. Ifors hold their value well, so an older well looked after one will be more.
My trailer was put on the ramp on Monday and there is no issue with the floor or anything else.

I don't want to sell it or convert it at this stage, I only wanted it respraying and servicing so that it looks smart and I can use it to go out with my new horse places in the Spring. But I am happy to pay a bit more on the premium so that it is insured so that if it got stolen I would be reimbursed for its value.

The trailer in the photo on reply 5 is for sale for £1900 and hasn't got a full service history or indeed been resprayed. Its the spit of mine but smaller so I believe mine is equal or not higher in value. As long as the insurance are happy I don't really care about anything else to be honest.

I'm Dun

Visit site
My trailer was put on the ramp on Monday and there is no issue with the floor or anything else.

I don't want to sell it or convert it at this stage, I only wanted it respraying and servicing so that it looks smart and I can use it to go out with my new horse places in the Spring. But I am happy to pay a bit more on the premium so that it is insured so that if it got stolen I would be reimbursed for its value.

The trailer in the photo on reply 5 is for sale for £1900 and hasn't got a full service history or indeed been resprayed. Its the spit of mine but smaller so I believe mine is equal or not higher in value. As long as the insurance are happy I don't really care about anything else to be honest.

An asking price on an advert doesnt indicate what something is worth. You wont ever get back what you spend on respraying it, thats not how it works! If you insure for more than its worth you wont get paid out the amount its insured for so your wasting premiums.

However the beauty of these cheap old trailers is they dont get stolen. They just arent desirable and not worth the hassle to steal. Its why I used to have one but sold it, the issue with parts made it not worth it anymore.

Birker2020

Visit site
An asking price on an advert doesnt indicate what something is worth. You wont ever get back what you spend on respraying it, thats not how it works! If you insure for more than its worth you wont get paid out the amount its insured for so your wasting premiums.
No of course not but it is all I have to go by. I can't exactly ask people what they sell for but they wouldn't be advertising them all within a similar price bracket if they didn't think they would sell them.

The mechanic that's serviced /resprayed is happy to write a declaration to say he values it for the price insured - he thinks its worth more tbh. I've also found four other adverts from ebay all asking around the same price for a double front unload trailer so I've printed those off on the request of the insurance company which is what they asked for.