How long can a horse survive trapped in thicket

Goldenstar

Visit site
Invisible horse ,hasn't one of the charities been running a campaign around this .
Someone has to check fences make sure horses can't get into dangerous places if you are paying money to someone who does not .
The field is clearly not safe ( unless the horse jumped over a decent sized fence and got trapped ) .
Somebody has to walk round the field and check the fences if my horse was in there that would be me .

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
She was trapped by a fallen tree, which forked in front of her and somehow barbed wire behind her. She couldn't move at all. We think she was trapped minimum a week possible longer. Kept really calm when we were freeing her she just went off for a long drink and ambled off. No stiffness or anything

she didn't jump GS, I don't know if the tree fell and trapped her or had fallen previously.
Minimum a week :(

KrujaaLass

Visit site
What do you keep going on about it for Post a message and I will put it on the gate. Would it make you feel better if I said I was a troll and made it up.Would you also like me to say I don't give a toss about anyone but my animals and family. I can't keep explaining it to you.

jokadoka

Visit site
I have now lost the will to live. Goodbye

I'm not surprised!! Typical responses from the 'usual suspects'......... What it must be like to live in a perfect world....
I, for one, think you have done all you could/ can in this situation.

I really don't understand why people seem to be holding you personally responsible for your fellow liveries' behaviour in regards to looking after their horses.
NOA, to quote Pedantic.

ester

Visit site
Why is a situation where a horse is not trapped unknown for a week a 'perfect world' rather than a pretty standard world?

Again no one has said the OP did not do all she could in this situation and certainly not holding her personally responsible in fact that has been said in exact terms several times. It is the rest of the owners/rest of the situation which is the issue.

As much as anything it has brought up the issue of YO responsibility for discussion again which has come up a few times of late in various situations.

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
What do you keep going on about it for Post a message and I will put it on the gate. Would it make you feel better if I said I was a troll and made it up.Would you also like me to say I don't give a toss about anyone but my animals and family. I can't keep explaining it to you.

Why is saying that I would if I knew them going on about it? that is just responding you saying I should tell them nothing more. You told me to tell them, I said I would if I were there.

jokadoka

Visit site
Why is a situation where a horse is not trapped unknown for a week a 'perfect world' rather than a pretty standard world?

Again no one has said the OP did not do all she could in this situation and certainly not holding her personally responsible in fact that has been said in exact terms several times. It is the rest of the owners/rest of the situation which is the issue.
Exactly! Like you say, it is the rest of the owners/ rest of the situation which is the issue. Which has nothing to do with the OP, so why keep going on and on and on at her? Pointless much?

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Jokadoka . What does NOA mean. I just hope I am not conversing with a twelve year old. Going to hit the vodka now, I need to numb my brain it has been working overtime for two days. The wines now worn off ? Now I know why I don't post much. Regards

ester

Visit site
Must try harder! I honestly have been trying even if it doesn't come across like that. Still finding the situation of a horse lost in a 10 acre (not 100 acre) paddock for a week or more a bit baffling, along with the fact that it was 'just unfortunate' and it doesn't matter if it or something similar happens again to the point that an sensible conversation cannot even be had with the fellow field users about it. I guess I just don't know people who wouldn't worry about their horses enough to leave things as they are and wouldn't be able to have a chat about it to make any improvements but obviously I have now learned these sort of people do exist.

While being called a fluffy princess etc etc.

Last edited:

jokadoka

Visit site
Jokadoka . What does NOA mean. I just hope I am not conversing with a twelve year old. Going to hit the vodka now, I need to numb my brain it has been working overtime for two days. The wines now worn off ? Now I know why I don't post much. Regards

Haha I wish!! It's been 43 years since I was twelve! I don't post much either, for the same reason. NOA: Nation Of A***holes

Goldenstar

Visit site
Of course it's completely appalling, but not the OP's fault!! Yet a lot of posts come across as if she is to blame

Did I say it was OP's fault no I did not .
It's a result of chaotic horse care ,no one taking any overview field owners taking money and not doing any managing .

jokadoka

Visit site
Did I say it was OP's fault no I did not .
It's a result of chaotic horse care ,no one taking any overview field owners taking money and not doing any managing .
I said a lot of posts came across as blaming the OP, I never named anybody.
I know it is a result of chaotic horse care but again, that is not the OP's fault is it?

ester

Visit site
Very true, which is why I got confused in places and wanted to get it right. Unfortunately that seems to have been taken as 'banging on' and not paying attention to the answers on purpose rather than just struggling with them.

jokadoka

Visit site
Must try harder! I honestly have been trying even if it doesn't come across like that. Still finding the situation of a horse lost in a 10 acre (not 100 acre) paddock for a week or more a bit baffling, along with the fact that it was 'just unfortunate' and it doesn't matter if it or something similar happens again to the point that an sensible conversation cannot even be had with the fellow field users about it. I guess I just don't know people who wouldn't worry about their horses enough to leave things as they are and wouldn't be able to have a chat about it to make any improvements but obviously I have now learned these sort of people do exist.

While being called a fluffy princess etc etc.

I agree it is baffling but it does go on all over the place. Unfortunately not all horse owners are caring, responsible individuals. I have been on several different yards over the years ranging from very basic to very posh. And there were incidents taking place in all of them regarding careless irresponsible owners. It is quite common I think, but people close their eyes to it. Got sick of it myself and ended up with my horses at home.

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Suppose I could get on a train, drag her out of her flat, put her on a train to get to farm and tell her 'ESTER SAYS 'YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR PONIES' Yeh that might work

Last edited:

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
All I've observed is that other liveries appear to ignore other horses on the yard - one missing for several days without anyone noticing is really quite heartbreaking.

I'm sorry you've suffered Ill health, but not sure of the rrelevance.

You lady are horrible at times. You go save/check on/sort out these horses if you are so concerned.

Honestly not all of us have the time or resources to go around saving other people's animals. This thread has descended into the Typical judgemental keyboard warrior nonsense that is expected these days of HHO.

People would rather give five pages of nasty criticism and harsh words than offer help or advice to people when they are asking for it. Why not share any actual horse knowledge on threads other than searching for the ones you can be the most harsh on. Spouting welfare rights to someone who can't change the situation or the way the yard is run is pointless and just comes across as silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Honestly not all of us have the time or resources to go around saving other people's animals.

It's not about resourcses or time. It's just about casting an eye about and being aware of what's going on.

Can you honestly imagine a horse going missing on your yard, BB, and no one noticing?