How long did you wait for your PTS disposal bill

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I had my horse PTS on 14th October, so it will be three months next week - I paid the vets bill within a week, but I haven't had a disposal bill yet - is it normal to wait three months to receive a bill? I don't even know who took him - the vet sorted it out and he was taken the following morning. I mentioned it to the vet when she came to vaccinate my new horse and she seemed surprised. I'm not complaining - just wondering!!

Tash88

Visit site
My last horse was put to sleep on the 5th October last year at Liphook equine hospital in Hampshire, the disposal (I chose to have him cremated individually) was shown on the itemised bill from the hospital. Are you sure the disposal wasn't part of the PTS fee from the vet? If you have ashes/shoes or whatever, usually they don't let you collect anything until you have paid.

Sorry for your loss.

Tash

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
TBH, I've almost always paid at the time. We usually have the horse shot and removed by the same person.
The only exception was in July, which was an emergency. I just couldn't find my cheque book (in a bit of a tiz). The Equine crem person, who I know socially, suggested that I ring her the next day with my card number, which I did. Disposal cost was £190, so that was actually paid before the vet bill.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Hi again

No it definitely wasn't on the vet's bill - the bill for the vet was £189 and included the callout, euthanase horse, sedative and somulose - no disposal on there.

I don't think I'll mention it to the vet again......maybe I got lucky?!

dotty1

Visit site
I tink you have got lucky!!!. Mine was on the vets bill which did take slightly longer to come as I think they were waiting for the bill form the disposal people.
Surely every company sends out monthly invoices so I think after 3 months yours has been forgotten.......extra few hundred in your pocket!.

Kiristamm

Visit site
My one was PTS 3 weeks ago, he was booked in and I paid the guys collecting with a credit card two days before.... but my vet bill was £250.... Sat Morning call out i think did it....

shell1978

Visit site
Can you believe I was asked to put a cheque under my dead horses head!!! I was beside myself, and if I met him when he collected her I think I would have killed him with my pitch fork!!