How long does it take you to travel to the yard?

I See Clover

Visit site
My previous yard was only a 7 minute drive. New yard takes me around 25 minutes. Just wondering how long it takes for everyone else?

Littlelegs

Visit site
About 4 minutes (1 cd track lol) by car as you have to drive round, same on a bike taking the short cut, & about 8 mins to walk. Would now be a good time to mention I also pay £20 a week for 2 stables, storage & grazing, with electric, water, toilet & cheap hay produced on site or shall I just go away lol.

I See Clover

Visit site
About 4 minutes (1 cd track lol) by car as you have to drive round, same on a bike taking the short cut, & about 8 mins to walk. Would now be a good time to mention I also pay £20 a week for 2 stables, storage & grazing, with electric, water, toilet & cheap hay produced on site or shall I just go away lol.

£20 per week!? :eek: WOW! My mum and I have a horse each... it costs us £560 per month for the 2 :eek:

Littlelegs

Visit site
I realise i'm v lucky lol. Would you feel better if I said I have to water the plants a few times a year when the owners are on holiday?

Ibblebibble

Visit site
3 minutes by car to get to the top of the track and then another 2 to go down the humpy bumpy track to my field lol:D daughter times us the other day for some random reason:D

Javabb94

Visit site
20 minutes for me!

Wouldn't change the yard though for the world! I love it and my horse is the happiest he has ever been, YO is fab too :D

wilde2

Visit site
One yard (nearest), 17 miles but half hour drive - other 60+ miles, including M25 - so on a good day, 1hr 10 mins. We are looking at moving house though to be nearer!

wilde2

Visit site
Not DIY - I work full time in London and commute. DIY I think at that distance I would sleep in the car instead!

I See Clover

Visit site
I'm very jealous of those of you who have your horses at home - if only!

Quite surprised how many of you have little distance to travel!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
20miles/30mins now, having just moved from a yard much closer to home:rolleyes:

would rather be happy somewhere taking an extra 10mins to get to than unhappy at a closer place

^^this is why. only been at the new place for 2 weeks but so far horse and I are happier than we have been for years so it's totally worth it:cool:

I See Clover

Visit site
20miles/30mins now, having just moved from a yard much closer to home:rolleyes:

^^this is why. only been at the new place for 2 weeks but so far horse and I are happier than we have been for years so it's totally worth it:cool:

I was the same. Been at new yard for just over a month or so. We were previously on DIY, but on full livery at new yard as too far to travel for DIY. Hate to admit it, but i'm miss being up everyday and mucking out :(:eek:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Hate to admit it, but i'm miss being up everyday and mucking out :(:eek:

I'm quite lucky that my new place is on my way to work (only 1 mile out of my way) so on the days I'm in the office I can be DIY. The days I'm not in the office they turn her out for me - I'm a total control freak so it was hard to adjust to not seeing her a couple of mornings a week but it seems like such a fab place, its worth it :) I sympathise though, I think I'd find it hard to go to full livery.:(