How long for BS to sort out membership?

MandyMoo

Visit site
As title really...

Have had to faff about getting the vet to insert Socks's microchip number and then send the passport to Ireland to be updated on their system - the Irish Horse Board received the passport yesterday and said it would take 3-4days at their end to update the system before sending the passport back...so I expect it back by Monday 2nd really, and I will try and send off my BS membership forms by Tuesday 3rd...

Does anyone know how long (usually) it takes for BS to register a horse and rider, and then return documents/membership numbers and cards? I can't find it anywhere on their website, and I cannot for the life of me recall how long it took a few years ago when I was previously a member!

Am I likely to be registered in time for 14th September?? There is a BS show I want to go to and that is the only weekend day I have the potential to ask to have off from work for a short while! And I need to ask my manager in advance...

Thanks in advance :smile3:

DorothyJ

Visit site
Give them a call, they sorted mine in just a couple of days. Very efficient. Even if you didn't have your membership cards back in time, they can tell you yours and your horse's numbers so you can still compete.

MandyMoo

Visit site
I think it was a couple of days - pretty sure I had my passports back and paperwork through in less than a week.

Give them a call, they sorted mine in just a couple of days. Very efficient. Even if you didn't have your membership cards back in time, they can tell you yours and your horse's numbers so you can still compete.

Oh brilliant! Thanks guys :)

Javabb94

Visit site
If you need registered desperately - you can ring them for your membership number before the documents arrive so you can compete

I went to a show on the Saturday and only rang up to register on the Wednesday and even though I hadn't received anything through the post they provided me with my number so I could compete :)

**just noticed already mentioned above! Oopsy :)**