How long would you wait before calling?

Montyforever

Visit site
Had bloods taken from my mare on Monday morning, she is being tested for liver problems and cushings.
Vet said i should get a call within a couple of days with the results but I've still not heard anything! I appreciate its only been a few days, but she's not particularly happy at the mo so id like to know asap if the bloods have shown a problem or that we are looking in the wrong areas. Given her liver is the most likely (previous problems) i don't want to change routines/give her anything extra so its a bit like being a sitting duck at the mo and im mentally pacing the room :p
Would i be jumping the gun a bit ringing them myself tomorrow or shall i wait until Friday if i haven't heard anything tomorrow?
Totally appreciate vets are busy, but im tying myself in knots and need a plan of action for my girl!

be positive

Visit site
It depends where the blood goes, my vets test the liver function in house and results come the same or next day, more complicated things will be sent out, the cushings will be done elsewhere, as it is several days I would phone, they may be waiting for the cushings results before they get back to you, although I would also think no phone call is good news from the point or view of the liver.

lelly

Visit site
Theres no harm in ringing them. I get my Cushing's results within two days, they take bloods on Wednesday and have results by Friday.

Montyforever

Visit site
It depends where the blood goes, my vets test the liver function in house and results come the same or next day, more complicated things will be sent out, the cushings will be done elsewhere, as it is several days I would phone, they may be waiting for the cushings results before they get back to you, although I would also think no phone call is good news from the point or view of the liver.

Both done in house, vet said cushings test will take the same amount of time as the liver one would! Its a fairly big clinic :)

Ill ring tomorrow then, thanks everyone. Only had emergency bloods (done as she was in the clinic having ultrasound scan) so instant results and the follow up ones i got the results that evening so wasn't sure if i was being unfair expecting quick results!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I am totally impatient and if they say the results should be back by a certain time and I haven't heard anything I ring. I'm probably one of those really annoying owners that pester the poor vet or their receptionist.

I hope that the results are ok.

Illusion100

Visit site
I am totally impatient and if they say the results should be back by a certain time and I haven't heard anything I ring. I'm probably one of those really annoying owners that pester the poor vet or their receptionist.

I hope that the results are ok.

I'm like you, I want to know how a b/s coped with travelling, is it still ok, met any friends yet and/or nervous about being tested....is b/s still in appropriate state to be tested???!! OK, exaggerated but I don't do well with patience on these types of things. I pay money like everyone else and expect dutiful and quick service in return.