How long..........

Tempi

Visit site
.....do you normally have between your classes in eventing - i mean between the dressage and say showjumping phase? i just got my times for West Wilts on saturday and ive got 19mins from when i finish my test to when i have to do my showjumping. That is in no way enough time for me to get back to lorry, change tack, put boots on and warm up for jumping.............
confused.gif

I phoned her back and asked if i could have a later jumping time to be told that 'everyone else normally copes with times like this'
mad.gif
Eventually she said i can have a later time which means ive now got a respectable 45 mins inbetween my classes. As im not used to all this jumping business and nor is Bloss we need as much time to warm up as possible. And i havent a clue when im going to be able to walk the course!
crazy.gif

ihatework

Visit site
19 minutes is a bit short. 45 minutes sounds a lot more sociable!!!
Good luck, get there early and walk the course at beginning before dressage.

Bossanova

Visit site
I think the minimum is 30mins but it's generally at least 45mins- need chance to change tack, warm-up properly etc, 19mins def isnt enough time!!!

Madam_max

Visit site
When I did it last there was no set time for jumping as such, but you had to jump within 1/2 an hour of dressage. Lucky Corroy only needs to be popped over a jump a few times.

Tempi

Visit site
good, glad it wasnt just me thinking its not enough time!! i didnt know how quick you eventing people are expected to change etc!! I would walk the course before, but it starts at 9am, and to get there before that id have to be at my yard at 5am, and thats not going to happen. I am however going to get there early so i can hopefully course walk inbetween classes!

I dont know how anyone can say dressage is stressful.......
confused.gif

Fiona

Visit site
We normally give about 45 min, but have been known to give multiple rides as little as 25min (assuming that they aren't changing saddles, have grooms to change boots etc).
Sounds like you were right to ring and ask for a bit longer.

NB - could be worse - I once had 6 hours between D and SJ.

Fiona

miller

Visit site
When we run CT at yard I'm on we give dressage time but no set jumping time other than within 45 minutes of dressage time - didn't used to specify until one girl insisted she needed 2 hrs and was in the 1st class so it put eveything else back by nearly 2.5hrs and everyone else complained.

I'd need more than 19 mins too!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Most of this season I've had quite close times - 30 to 40 mins between phases, which I don't mind as it means I don't have time to worry about things. However, it's a hassle from the horse point of view as D has a different bit for each phase!!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
normally it its about 30- 40 minutes between dressage and SJ and glad you rang as 19 minutes is definately too short a time to ride your test, change tack and get over to SJ.
good luck you will be fine.

jumpsforfun

Visit site
If you look in the BE rule book, I'm pretty sure they specify a minimum time between sections. Worth checking in case it happens again and then you can quote the rulebook as it were. I agree 19 minutes sounds far too tight. I have always usually had between 30 and 40 minutes between each phase and to be fair, they are normally good at slotting people in if there's a problem.

Good luck
Jx

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I got into trouble this year for being late to Sj so glad you managed to get it changed - 19 mins is a bit harsh. Have you got more time between sj and xc?

Tempi

Visit site
im only doing CT, so just a dressage test and then the showjumping. If it goes well i might get a day ticket and do an intro before the end of the season. (maybe!!!!!) Had a really good jumping lesson last night so feeling motivated towards my jumping at the moment as i seem to have hit a rutt with my dressage.........