How many classes?

noodle_

Visit site
Im doing a dressage comp next month (2 classes - both prelims)

Theres another in March that has walk/trot and again 2 prelims...

How many classes is too much??

We rarely go out, so would like (by feb!) to come home with a rosette, and in march will be one of the last times we go out until may?, but am i being mean thinking about entering 3?

Shes quite fit, she did trot/canter mostly with the odd bits of walk the other day for 50 mins without even breaking into a sweat or getting warm....

thoughts?

caberston

Visit site
i suppose 3 sounds a lot when you say it like that but when you think about it, its only 15 minutes work, not even like its all in trot and canter! if you're not going to be able to get out much then i'd make the most of it :)

CatStew

Visit site
I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem? As long as your horse travels well and she doesn't get stressy in a competition environment she should be ok. I think the worse thing is waiting around inbetween classes really! An actual dressage test is only a few minutes long, so unless you have to hang around and wait several hours for the next class to start, you could have a longish warm up before your first class and then just a quick warm up before the other two, so work-wise, the horse probably isn't doing much different then when working at home. That's my thought anyway! Good luck! :)

noodle_

Visit site

I had felt a bit mean suggesting doing 3 classes but i can count on 1 hand the number of times we have been out in 12 months :eek:

CatStew

Visit site
I know, I'm the same, we don't have any transport so whenever anybody offers to take us anywhere it's always gratefully received! I did three ridden showing classes and then took the girlie round the clear round twice and then my mum showed up and also took her round the clear round - all in one day! The mare loves it too, so it's nice for her