How many competition breeches/jods do you own ?

Tacobell

Visit site
Hi all ,
I only have one pair of comp breeches and I’m off to a 3 day show next weekend . Do you think one pair will last me or do you think I’m best off buying another pair ?

Fieldlife

Visit site
3 but think all bought second hand. I’d say minimum of one per day ideally. But depends if you care. If I am doing 2 tests on one day, I don’t change into clean breeches for 2nd test.

But it feels wrong to put breeches with marks on at the start of a new competing day.

silv

Visit site
I have 3 pairs, two pairs for dressage as I often attend 2 day shows and need a clean pair each day, and 1 pair for showing.

Visit site
I have 2 sets of breeches and I don't want to know how many pairs of jods! My breeches are summer weight and winter weight. Couldn't tell you the last time I wore them as I don't ride in the ring any more. My jods were for riding my dartmoor and I have every colour of beige going through to canary yellow so I can wear whatever colour that season demanded. (Whoever thought up canary yellow for anyone older than 9yo needs shot BTW! It's not a good look and thankfully only lasted a season and a bit ???)

Ratface

Visit site
Too many pairs of both jodhpurs and breeches. Also stretchy riding tights, which I love.
I also possess a pair of thick brown serge Women's Land Army breeches, circa 1943. They have bat-wing flares above the knee and brown cord criss-cross round laces to close them under the thick woollen knee stockings worn with them. The heavy-duty laced short boots were clumpy in the extreme, but water/mud/snow proof and had hobnailed soles which were non slip.
None of these items were glamorous, but they were warm, water-repellent and practically indestructible. Eighty years on, they appear almost brand new and very heavy to wear. I keep them in remembrance of the women who wore them before me. In winter, I still wear the long woolly socks in my wellies.