how many leads?

Cahill

Visit site
for my rotti I have---

hands free around my waist (on harness for every day walks)

also I use
flexi (on harness for field walks out with friend to stop him hunting favourite places)
leadrope (for popping over yard,can tie him up if it`s getting dark)
short rolled lead for OB classes
slip lead (50p from boot sale for agility)
and
double ended for halti but no needed any more.

the dog has more coat hooks that me lol

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Oh lord.

2 x training leads with multiple clips for general walks, biking and clipping him to the car when I am busy
4 x slip leads cause I like them
3 x short webbing leads
2 x Cujo lead extenders
2 x long lines
1 x 10m tracking line
1 x leather show lead
1 x giant flexi

4 x flat link check chains - two normal steel, one brass, one black
3 x flat webbing collars
2 x cord collars
2 x wide leather collars
1 x leather slip collar (which is the one I walk him on generally)
1 x harness with a handle for bitework

I concede that I do have an equipment fetish :p

Charmin

Visit site
Each dog has a rolled leather collar and a plain brown leather lead - originally GSD showing leads with choke chains which we still have but no longer use as dogs are two little terriers.

Also have an extendable somewhere for when we're training youngsters and their recall.

Spudlet

Visit site
1 slip lead (actually two attached together because I prefer a longer lead). His signal that it is gundog time.

2 training leads, one of which lives in the house, the other in my car. The ones we use for everyday stuff.

1 bungee lead, for scrambling - means we can all get up the hills together!

I always clip the lead onto his collar (standard flat collar), the bloke prefers to use his harness. Suits me as the bloke has very different ideas about acceptable lead behaviour and I like him to know that when the led is on the collar, the mean human is in charge and pulling is not on :D

He also has a jumper (mainly for drying out) and a waterproof coat (because mean human clips all his fur off to stop him becoming a matted mud monster so he needs a bit of insulation in the snow!). And he has a set of boots, after he rubbed one of his pads hillwalking - he's not used to walking on granite, the great softy...

LittleMonster

Visit site
2 x Flexi leads
2 x Normal Short clip lead ( a few chewed up somewhere too...)
1 x Slip lead (slightly chewed)
1 x Chain lead (never used)

and 2 collars :D

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I'm not too bad. For my dogs they each have a leather lead and ordinary collar for walking. I have a few slip leads and one show lead for the pup. I have three dogs so it's not tooo bad. But talk to me about beds.....

ihatework

Visit site
Some of you have lead addictions a bit like my horse rug addictions!!

My 8yo dog has probably had 4 different collars throughout his lifetime, and bar his initial 'puppy' lead has never been bought a lead of his own .... I just use a horse lead rope!

twiggy2

Visit site
lurcher has one wide leather collar that i bought when she was 7 months old only one she has ever owned and a leather lead with buckles at each end that i bought when she was ten months, she is now 7 yrs-my fetish is good quality leather.

my old boys, 14 and 16yrs have a leather slip lead each.

i have 'spare' gun dog slip leads around the place and in the car in case of stray dogs as one size fits all

Alec Swan

Visit site
lurcher has one wide leather collar that i bought when she was 7 months old only one she has ever owned and a leather lead with buckles at each end that i bought when she was ten months, she is now 7 yrs-my fetish is good quality leather.

i have 'spare' gun dog slip leads around the place and in the car in case of stray dogs as one size fits all

Considering the discussion regarding flexi-leads, I'd be tempted reply with 'Guess'!! :) The reality is that my lead selection is a bit like yours, one fish-tailed collar-lead combo which I made for a lurcher many years ago, but my OH says is much too nice to use(!), a selection of gundog slips, none of which I can ever find on the rare occasion when I want one, and again, like you, there's always one in the car, and for the very same reason.

Your lead which is buckled both ends is actually a specific Greyhound lead. Whether people still use such leads and for their intended purpose, I'm not sure.

Alec.

Cahill

Visit site
alec swan,i would have guessed that you didn`t need any ;) (but kept some rope/twine in car for emergencies) :) :)

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
2 x semi slip racing collars
2 x fixed ring team collars
2 x leather half check collars
1 x webbing half check collar
1 x embroidered agility collar
1 x stainless steel long link choke collar
2 x webbing clip collars
1 x leather slip collar
2 x nylon rope slip leads
1 x proper rope slip lead
2 x medium leather leads with ring in handle
2 x flexi giant leads
2 x flat webbing leads
1 x Julius K9 grip multi clip lead
1 x soft webbing multi clip lead
3 x rope horse leads
1 x black nylon show half check and lead on swivel
1 x white rolled leather show half check and lead on swivel
2 x 50ft long lines
2 x X back harnesses
2 x shoulder/distance harnesses
1 x hybrid bikejor harness
1 x fleece harness
2 x bungee leads
2 x two dog lead lines
1 x one dog lead line
1 x two dog stake out cable

Erm...

Onefortheteam

Visit site
2 x slip leads
4 x clip leads (varying lengths and designs! ((One rolled with a loop to make it shorter, one leather, on cheap webbing and one rolled with a mega padded handle and different clip style!))
1 x flexi

Also have:
1 x padded leather collar
1 x half chain choke collar
2 x cheap pets at home webbing type collars
1 x light up collar with hi vis stripe
1 x padded general use harness
1 x hi vis webbed harness.

Generally use the leather collar and a slip lead! All for one dog! Oops

twiggy2

Visit site

forgot to add my running harness bungee and belt but I dont class that combination as a lead

twiggy2

Visit site
Considering the discussion regarding flexi-leads, I'd be tempted reply with 'Guess'!! :) The reality is that my lead selection is a bit like yours, one fish-tailed collar-lead combo which I made for a lurcher many years ago, but my OH says is much too nice to use(!), a selection of gundog slips, none of which I can ever find on the rare occasion when I want one, and again, like you, there's always one in the car, and for the very same reason.

Your lead which is buckled both ends is actually a specific Greyhound lead. Whether people still use such leads and for their intended purpose, I'm not sure.

Alec.

the buckle both end lead is not a good slip lead a strip of leather with a handle at one end is far more effective but it is a fantastic lead for every day life i can attach my dog to post, a car, a fence and most other things with out unclipping her and looping an end through the handle before re-attaching her lead